Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I just love Leona Lewis, one of the best vocalist of her generation, and it actually has nothing to do with Avatar, I was thrilled when I first heard her on UK X factor back in 2006. Then I was really excited when she got to sing Avatar's theme song, which unfortunately never took off the way Celine's song did. Really curious if Jim wants to get a theme song for Avatar 2 as well, that seems to be his thing, as he got one for Alita, which I thought was fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Yes Kal Jim Gang reunite

Pandorans must all remember

THIS IS OUR LAND

And with 4 more avatar films...It may be our land for along time to come my awesome brothers and sisters fans of Pandora. Sure wish the most high gave us all a percent of the avatar loot so we could do so much good in the world.

God willing Jimbo, nc myself and all our family will be here for Avatar2 return...The true juggernaut shows what the JC world attached to a mega sequel is truly capable of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

I just love Leona Lewis, one of the best vocalist of her generation, and it actually has nothing to do with Avatar, I was thrilled when I first heard her on UK X factor back in 2006. Then I was really excited when she got to sing Avatar's theme song, which unfortunately never took off the way Celine's song did. Really curious if Jim wants to get a theme song for Avatar 2 as well, that seems to be his thing, as he got one for Alita, which I thought was fine.

Leona Lewis was awesome..

" I liveeeeeeeeeeee" from the I see you end credit song of Avatar was amazing. I hope Jc brings back Celine and Leona to do special songs for the sequels NC. You have great taste. Going to miss no new work from James Horner(Rip)

Tho. But his work Jim says will still live on through the sequels and of course most of us always rewatch Titanic lol. He shines in Troy , Braveheart and so much more as well. One of the top 5 all time great composers.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Any news on any trailer drops. Thought we would have gotten something during Alita, but nothing yet my Pandorians..Grrr

I'm crossing my fingers for a teaser to premiere in front of Episode IX (actually I'm hoping they release the trailer on the tenth anniversary of the film, Dec. 18th, two days before Episode IX premieres. It'd be a huge missed opportunity imo if they didn't).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'm crossing my fingers for a teaser to premiere in front of Episode IX (actually I'm hoping they release the trailer on the tenth anniversary of the film, Dec. 18th, two days before Episode IX premieres. It'd be a huge missed opportunity imo if they didn't).

I hope your hunch is right.:)

Would love to get something that makes the fandom go crazy. Then as soon as we want more...Teaser ends and another free Preview Avatar 2020 16-24 min Surround 3D Day in imaxs and Digital 3d theaters is announced!...Teaser fades to black with new score

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'm thinking the same, getting a teaser then will be sort of similar to the TFA teaser release pattern, in fact, everything about Avatar 2 is very TFA, including the identical release date and same Dec weekday arrangement. 

I'd even be temped to pay for EP9 if I didn't know I can watch the teaser online, I might still do though, I have a bit of curiosity for EP9. If it's not performing well, I'll send 15 dollars its way to see A2 teaser on big screen.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, UserHN said:

Lame. Just accept it that Avatar is known for its awesome CGI and not for its not memorable story. It is the highest grossing movie but can casual audiences remember any memorable lines from it? No. If you ask about Titanic they will answer 'I'm the king of the world!'. How about Avatar?

That continues to be one of the dumbest arguments in the history of the world. Plenty of huge hits don't have lines that people remember, I personally remember some from Avatar, that I worship, but I don't remember specific lines necessarily for many of my favorite films of all time. What does that tell you? It doesn't mean jack shit. Stop parroting a few obscure naysayers online, are you capable of individual thought?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Actually lines like

"You get soft?!

" Pandora will chew out your eyes and use them for ju ju beans!"

2.  " This is our land!"

3. " My Jake"  "My Jake!"

All some of the most memorable lines in film history.

So your wrong on that statement as well.💪

What about "Outstanding." 😉

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

That continues to be one of the dumbest arguments in the history of the world. Plenty of huge hits don't have lines that people remember, I personally remember some from Avatar, that I worship, but I don't remember specific lines necessarily for many of my favorite films of all time. What does that tell you? It doesn't mean jack shit. Stop parroting a few obscure naysayers online, are you capable of individual thought?

Why would I parrot the naysayers when that is exactly my individual thought? Avatar is just CGI no memorable story. Seems like I keep repeating it in this thread. The exact reason why I will be watching Avatar 2 next year is because of the spectacular world of Pandora. Not because I'm excited to know what will happen next to the protagonists. I watched Avatar twice several years ago and I can't even remember the majority of the story.

3 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

What about "Outstanding." 😉

Lol, Hey Timmy.

I actually thought of that one first but figured maybe its used too much..

More legendary  lines were

" You will never be part of the people!

" Jake, this is your Avatar!"

"This is great!!"

" It aint over while I'm breathing!"

👍👍

---Avatar 2 will Shatter the 3.5. billion mark worldwide.

Edited by Sheldon Cr

5 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I mean, the first teaser for Avatar was a little more than a year before release right?

Yep, then in August 2009 Jc and Fox did something unprecedented. They had Avatar day. Over 200 theaters worldwide had that special preview where we could go see 16-24 mins of select scenes in this new surround 3d and ultra realistic surround 3d sound.

When I came from Avatar Day I knew this thing may become the next biggest film event of all time. Most incredible experience I ever had and thats was just 16mins..I hope they do that again with Avatar 2

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Ah yes! The iconic quotes from James Cameron

"Get away from her you bitch!"

"I'll be back"

"Hasta la vista, baby"

"I'm the king of the world!"

and

"This is great!!"

THIS IS OUR LAND

GET SOME

I SEE YOU

MY JAKE! MY JAKE!

WHATCHA GONNA DO RANGER RICK? SHOOT ME?.... I CAN DO THAT

IT WILL BE HUNANE... MORE OR LESS

YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

THIS IS OUR LAND

GET SOME

I SEE YOU

MY JAKE! MY JAKE!

WHATCHA GONNA DO RANGER RICK? SHOOT ME?.... I CAN DO THAT

IT WILL BE HUNANE... MORE OR LESS

YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACES

I really like Avatar, but that shit ain't quotable, I'm sorry.

I will never ever say the word 'mostly' normal ever again because of James Cameron.

"Come with me if you want to live."

"Makes you wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk!"

"Game over man! Game over!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Avatar 2 will Shatter the 3.5. billion mark worldwide.

I would suggest that factoring in global inflation, and market expansion, a film would have to do ~3.5 Billion in 2020 to be roughly the same size hit as Avatar, now what if Avatar 2 is an even bigger hit than Avatar?😉

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I really like Avatar, but that shit ain't quotable, I'm sorry.

I will never ever say the word 'mostly' normal ever again because of James Cameron.

"Come with me if you want to live."

"Makes you wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk!"

"Game over man! Game over!"

Well, let hope Avatar 2 steps up its game and give us some memorable quotes.

• Like 1