Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

6 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Any chance some of the threads may have been saved by the Wayback Machine? Probably not but there's hope. 

I'm glad at least that these forums were around when Frozen came out, I still love looking back on that thread that bright me here in the first place.

During Forzen time BOT did exist ... i think you joined after frozen release ..

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yes indeed I second that frozen unicorn and I wish your dear relative many years of life after all the avatars as well😎

As do I. I hope as many get to see it as humanly possible.

I may be skeptical of insane numbers but I can't wait to see it in Dolby and IMAX. Guaranteed I see it at least twice in theaters 

14 hours ago, Avatree said:

Yeah, that's when this forum was created. Lots of members were on the box office mojo forum. I dont think it was an "official" merge from Mojo to boxoffice.com, but this is essentially the same thing. So regular members from Mojo days joined this place when it was made in 2011.

I've no idea which threads are archived, if any, but you can browse it here which is saved from March 2011:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110302081840/http://boxofficemojo.com/forums/

Mojo was bought by IMDB and a few years later, without any warning shutdown Mojo's forums and we were told we could go to IMDB's message boards(LOL).  

Shawn did what he had to do and here we are.

15 hours ago, Avatree said:

The forums were around back then, on boxofficemojo.com

Then moved to boxoffice.com in 2011

Then created boxofficetheory in 20...13? 2014? Something like that

I Miss the Boxofficemojo days. I was perpetual lurker then, and still am to an extent.

I see they were archived.

Shame no one archived them. i 

Edited by jj99

15 hours ago, Avatree said:

Yeah, that's when this forum was created. Lots of members were on the box office mojo forum. I dont think it was an "official" merge from Mojo to boxoffice.com, but this is essentially the same thing. So regular members from Mojo days joined this place when it was made in 2011.

I've no idea which threads are archived, if any, but you can browse it here which is saved from March 2011:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110302081840/http://boxofficemojo.com/forums/

By the looks of it it seems the last archive for the Box Office Derby section was in 2008. Shame, I'm sure the Avatar thread was insane.

15 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

During Forzen time BOT did exist ... i think you joined after frozen release ..

Oh yeah, I know, that's the entire reason I joined here in the first place. XD Frozen's box office run was called "Frozetar" in the thread at points because they had similar  "okay start then WOM explosion to a cultural phenomenon" runs by the looks of it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

By the looks of it it seems the last archive for the Box Office Derby section was in 2008. Shame, I'm sure the Avatar thread was insane.

Strange how the Avatar threads all seem to have been disappeared.... 

• Like 1

It is not often on a film that the cast has time to all get together for dinner. We’ve been lucky enough to do it twice. Once in 2017 while in Hawaii for rehearsals, and again in New Zealand right before the start of live action filming. In Hawaii, I snapped a picture of some our cast (with Maria our 1st A.D.), and I then got that group to strike the same pose (sort of) in New Zealand almost 2-years later.

62567227_661000071050646_596913455286452

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

It is not often on a film that the cast has time to all get together for dinner. We’ve been lucky enough to do it twice. Once in 2017 while in Hawaii for rehearsals, and again in New Zealand right before the start of live action filming. In Hawaii, I snapped a picture of some our cast (with Maria our 1st A.D.), and I then got that group to strike the same pose (sort of) in New Zealand almost 2-years later.

62567227_661000071050646_596913455286452

Jim always changing the game. 

• Like 2

James Cameron trips over a branch in the forest.

@JamesCameronScholar - "Jim is so far ahead of the game."

James Cameron accidentally farts during an interview.

@JamesCameronScholar - "Jim is showing everyone how it's done!"

James Cameron breaks a million dollar camera.

@JamesCameronScholar - "Jim doesn't know how to NOT be a genius."

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

James Cameron trips over a branch in the forest.

@JamesCameronScholar - "Jim is so far ahead of the game."

James Cameron accidentally farts during an interview.

@JamesCameronScholar - "Jim is showing everyone how it's done!"

James Cameron breaks a million dollar camera.

@JamesCameronScholar - "Jim doesn't know how to NOT be a genius."

@Deep Wang slowly comes to the realization that Jim still holds the #1 crown. 

I can smell your anger through the screen. :Gaga:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@Deep Wang slowly comes to the realization that Jim still holds the #1 crown. 

I can smell your anger through the screen. :Gaga:

Nah, it's just you made me laugh by talking about how Jim is "always changing the game" by uh, eating dinner.  

Just wanted to throw out some other scenarios and see if you would agree with them!

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Jim is "always changing the game" by eating dinner.  

He actually is. The man is maybe one of the biggest proponents of plant based eating in the world. In just eating dinner Jim is changing the world. The man had the ear of Xi Jinping and discussed what he eats... because of how important it is.  

I can understand that such a feat would go over your head though DW, not everyone can hope to reach the level of JC. Even I'm not sure he's actually human. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 10:05 PM, Thanos Legion said:

Can any of you folks point me in the direction of the Avatar 1 international thread? Seemed like some fun reading but I’m not finding it with google.

http://63.141.253.158/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52638&sid=8c2e1e52e3d56ccdf68d223bb4c2c9f6

Box office theory didn't exist back then (and the old mojo forums have been nuked) but I think you might be interested in this. KJ is the other popular BO forum (pretty dead these days though) and that Avatar International thread is just amazing, Projections had to be revised upwards every time an update occured only for them to be surpassed by the time the next one was made.  That Archangel user also made it even more memorable with his/her very varied and elaborate charts ( global and  for individual markets) through which you could experience Avatar's leggy ascension to the top. I recently reread that thread after Endgame's incredible run and Avatar's run is still as impressive as ever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

No question. Besides Titanic it's probably the most impressive run ever in my lifetime. EG is 3rd imo behind both no matter where it ends.

this is not even a question...  The most impressive box office run in past 25 years bar Titanic ... look at the standards set by the Avatar in Europe & Other countries ..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

this is not even a question...  The most impressive box office run in past 25 years bar Titanic ... look at the standards set by the Avatar in Europe & Other countries ..

Agreed also really impressed with DOM run by TFA and Black Panther.

2 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

Even with the Avatar sequels I'm not certain we'll see a run like Titanic's ever again. 

• Like 5