Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Cinemacon - Wed - April 27 - will Disney reveal anything??? 

https://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab4

THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS INVITES YOU TO A SPECIAL PRESENTATION HIGHLIGHTING ITS UPCOMING RELEASE SCHEDULE

(Doors open at 9:15am)

Hosted by:
Tony Chambers, EVP, Head of Theatrical Distribution, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution

(The use of cameras or any electronic devices – audio or video – is strictly prohibited. Please completely power down your mobile devices before the start of the presentation.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

Cinemacon - Wed - April 27 - will Disney reveal anything??? 

https://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab4

THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS INVITES YOU TO A SPECIAL PRESENTATION HIGHLIGHTING ITS UPCOMING RELEASE SCHEDULE

(Doors open at 9:15am)

Hosted by:
Tony Chambers, EVP, Head of Theatrical Distribution, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution

(The use of cameras or any electronic devices – audio or video – is strictly prohibited. Please completely power down your mobile devices before the start of the presentation.)

Yes, they should be dropping the first teaser for it. When that'll come out to the public though, who knows. 

• Like 1

This year’s CinemaCon comes at a critical juncture for the beleaguered box office. All five major Hollywood studios will show up in Las Vegas, beginning April 25, to lay their cards on the table and tout their 2022 slates to theater owners still trying to emerge from the pandemic while battling changing consumer habits.

Expect teasers and footage for Avatar 2 (yes, it’s really happening), Jurassic World Dominion, Black Adam, The Flash and much more. Family highlights will include Toy Story spinoff Lightyear and Minions: The Rise of Gru. Other 2022 titles sure to be mentioned are the next installments in the Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Thor franchises, while Paramount is treating exhibitors to a full screening of Tom Cruise’s Top Gun: Maverick.

Is this confirmation?

source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/cinemacon-box-office-recovery-summer-films-1235128586/

• Astonished 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:14 AM, interiorgatordecorator said:

This year’s CinemaCon comes at a critical juncture for the beleaguered box office. All five major Hollywood studios will show up in Las Vegas, beginning April 25, to lay their cards on the table and tout their 2022 slates to theater owners still trying to emerge from the pandemic while battling changing consumer habits.

Expect teasers and footage for Avatar 2 (yes, it’s really happening), Jurassic World Dominion, Black Adam, The Flash and much more. Family highlights will include Toy Story spinoff Lightyear and Minions: The Rise of Gru. Other 2022 titles sure to be mentioned are the next installments in the Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Thor franchises, while Paramount is treating exhibitors to a full screening of Tom Cruise’s Top Gun: Maverick.

Is this confirmation?

source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/cinemacon-box-office-recovery-summer-films-1235128586/

Seems like it. I wonder how soon after this the GA will see anything. Once it drops the fire won't stop rising.

• Like 1

I still maintain in order to do the knd of business the first one did, AVATAR 2 has got to be a better movie, with a better script then the first.  Not sure that just visuals, however well done, can pull that kind of money in again.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, ThomasNicole said:

They don't hate now, but everyone trash Titanic in the 00's. This only stop when it lost it's #1 position on box office and hating it wasn't cool anymore. 

Honestly it's not much different than what happen with Avatar, i doubt people trully hate this movie, this not only have insane legs back in the day but it's also massive on home video, got very succesful cirque du soleil spectacles and one of the most hyped rides on Disney parks right now, you don't achieve this if people reject it. 

People trash it on internet because it's cool, because everyone does. The movie have it's problems, the script is simplistic, but honestly, pretty much all the movies on the top 40 biggest grosses have similar problems. The jokes people do now about basic script and Pocahontas plot, it was the exact same jokes people did in 2009 and that didn't prevent it to break records.

Thing is Titanic had a major impact on pop culture, Avatar did not. Titanic, though is had flaws, is simply a better movie then Avatar.

Just now, dudalb said:

Thing is Titanic had a major impact on pop culture, Avatar did not. Titanic, though is had flaws, is simply a better movie then Avatar.

And? I was talking about how both faced online hate that doesn't really mean anything, which is true.

Then i said the problems this movie have is the same problems pretty much every big grosser also have, which is also true. 

Then i said the jokes people do about it's plot or similarities are the same jokes people made back in 2009 and it didn't prevent the movie of being succesful, also true.

I still believe in everything that i wrote, and i don't really think it have anything to do with which one is better (compared to Titanic).

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Seems like it. I wonder how soon after this the GA will see anything. Once it drops the fire won't stop rising.

There's rumours of the trailer being attached to Dr Strange 2 and...well I haven't seen any of my local theatres book as many 3d shows and IMAX 3D in years until this movie. 

Spider-verse delayed to 2023, meaning that if Untitled 20th Century Studios Film (releasing wide of september 23 2022) is the avatar re-release itll have 3 weeks of puss in boots being its only real competition, I also dont think halloween ends will use 3d, so it can hold onto the vast majority of 3d screens for 4 weeks until black adam

That of course only applies if theres demand for it, and I think there is

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Spider-verse delayed to 2023, meaning that if Untitled 20th Century Studios Film (releasing wide of september 23 2022) is the avatar re-release itll have 3 weeks of puss in boots being its only real competition, I also dont think halloween ends will use 3d, so it can hold onto the vast majority of 3d screens for 4 weeks until black adam

That of course only applies if theres demand for it, and I think there is

I would die of laughter if Avatar breaks 3 Billion before A2 can.

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I would die of laughter if Avatar breaks 3 Billion before A2 can.

$152.62 million to go - I would be shocked if a limited re-release can generate this much $$. Titanic 3D pulled in $350.5 m ($145m from China alone) but they let that release run its course, I don't think they would want to do that with Avatar, also China added $57.7m to the pot last year.  

I'll go see it regardless hoping that it's a bit of remix with added scenes or at minimum the 16 minute extended version. 

• Like 1