Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Anyone know if the re-release is in HFR in IMAX theatres? The Light cinema near me is showing the standard 3D version in HFR, but the Cineworld website doesn’t make any mention of it for their IMAX showings (it’s definitely capable of it, they showed The Hobbit trilogy and Gemini Man in HFR).

Edited by SnokesLegs

2 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Anyone know if the re-release is in HFR in IMAX theatres? The Light cinema near me is showing the standard 3D version in HFR, but the Cineworld website doesn’t make any mention of it for their IMAX showings (it’s definitely capable of it, they showed The Hobbit trilogy and Gemini Man in HFR).

You have to ask the individual theatre.

Sometimes I don't even know if the screen is in 4k or 2k...

• Like 1

BOT in 5 months.

No one could have known Avatar 2 would do so well. The movie managed to capture the experiential feeling the first movie had, while somehow managing to keep it fresh with new ideas. Then on top of that the movie visually looks 10 years ahead of it's time. That was impossible to predict, you only said what you said because you're a looney.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

BOT in 5 months.

No one could have known Avatar 2 would do so well. The movie managed to capture the experiential feeling the first movie had, while somehow managing to keep it fresh with new ideas. Then on top of that the movie visually looks 10 years ahead of it's time. That was impossible to predict, you only said what you said because you're a looney.

No one in sense would underestimate avatar. It's bigger than endgame tbh its the biggest movie of all time  and will turn the world topsy turvy with its humgonous numbers at bo.

Even low end predictions should be above  above 2b ww.

And we already witnessed the crazy performance of legacy sequels  and all are well recieved by audience too if we apply same to avatar 3b is locked 900+dom 700china 1.4b os  rest assured .

Avatar biggest advantage is it performs well and proportional in all markets where sw and Marvel movies lacks.

Edited by Doffy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Weird that reactions to the footage today was incredible, but on D23 was more divisive (to be fair most of the complains on D23 was about high framew tho)

Maybe different audiences

D23 was a Marvel/Star Wars fans being forced to watch Avatar at the end of a 2hr 30minute panel which was only supposed to be 2 hours long.

It was a 2 hour 'Marvel/Star Wars/20th century fox' panel that ended up being 3 hours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

BOT in 5 months.

Even as someone who is not nearly as optimistic about final outcome … 

… must also concede that kind of massive result is also very much in the range of plausible outcomes. Because of both the anomaly of the original run and delayed nature of the sequel, don’t think anyone can credibly claim to know for certain how Avatar2 will play out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Even as someone who is not nearly as optimistic about final outcome … 

… must also concede that kind of massive result is also very much in the range of plausible outcomes. Because of both the anomaly of the original run and delayed nature of the sequel, don’t think anyone can credibly claim to know for certain how Avatar2 will play out 

As I said before. If I'm wrong about this I will admit that I'm wrong in this thread.