Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

15 minutes ago, eridani said:

So it seems the second movie will gloss over the initial return of humans to Pandora and Navi resistance to that? And it will basically have the same setup as the first movie? In so much as humans having built up a stronghold and conflict re starting from there?  We're Navi sitting on their butts while humans were coming? Or did they try to fight the humans right from the get go and simply lost? If the latter is true, then what can help Navi turn the tide of the war later on, when even more humans wih heavy equipment have already landed?

I think The Way of Water will keep the setup that Judgement Day has. Human (terminator) come back with more powerful fire, and main characters will fight as a true family with these enemies.

52 minutes ago, eridani said:

So it seems the second movie will gloss over the initial return of humans to Pandora and Navi resistance to that? And it will basically have the same setup as the first movie? In so much as humans having built up a stronghold and conflict re starting from there?  We're Navi sitting on their butts while humans were coming? Or did they try to fight the humans right from the get go and simply lost? If the latter is true, then what can help Navi turn the tide of the war later on, when even more humans wih heavy equipment have already landed?

The High Ground comic series is exactly this part, as well as the Sully Kids growing up.

It's canon and we're sure it's uses the original script for Avatar 2, the script which got scrapped.

https://james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Avatar:_The_High_Ground

The humans retake Hell's Gate by force

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The High Ground comic series is exactly this part, as well as the Sully Kids growing up.

It's canon and we're sure it's uses the original script for Avatar 2, the script which got scrapped.

https://james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Avatar:_The_High_Ground

The humans retake Hell's Gate by force

So, this is gonna be a war movie?  That might change my holiday leg thoughts, b/c none of the trailers is telling the GA this is gonna be a war movie.  It's all beauty and light...

31 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, this is gonna be a war movie?  That might change my holiday leg thoughts, b/c none of the trailers is telling the GA this is gonna be a war movie.  It's all beauty and light...

Two things. First is that what you're replying to is what happened between Avatar 1 & 2, not actually in Avatar 2. Second, it's going to be like the first film, which also had miltary engaging in battle, but that was just a part of it. Expect Pandora to be beautiful again, then expect the humans to try to destroy that beauty.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Teaser that was shown is super short and don't show much. At first glance it looks like discovery channel documentary style showing beauty of Pandora but there are some shoots showing some smoke from explosions also Jake covered in blood so we can  expect there will be some epic battles like in first movie.

Looks like humans are changing their main goals compared to first movie which was unobtanium mining.
From previous page Recom Equipment: "to retake Pandora in order to provide a new home for humanity". 

Edited by adaros
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

And the first film...wasn't a war movie?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Eric Adam said:

And the first film...wasn't a war movie?

Wasn't the point to not just make the same movie twice...if it's an hour of beauty and light and then war with humans, what did we change in this movie vs the last except the main characters? 

I mean, for me, the war part should be past and there should be some new "issue"/"conflict", at least for the 1st movie if we're getting 3 sequels after.  Especially since the teasers aren't hinting at war, so I'm not sure why there'd be another one...

Edit to Add: I see a previous poster says the war's purpose may be changing...but that purpose doesn't need to have war in movie #1...it could be a rush to save people (conflict vs nature/time) vs a battle to allow people in (conflict of people vs people)...the 2nd conflict could be the 2nd movie...

Edited by TwoMisfits

23 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Disney is going to give this the biggest push any movie has ever seen. It will drive people to the movie and ignite peoples interests in the park attraction which is quite nice. 

It will certainly be up there, don't know if will match TFA (that was wild) but then again I'm a big ol Star Wars nerd so maybe I'm biased. 

Then again to counter myself when they do put the original Avatar back up on Disney+ in 4K, if done correctly, that will be a nice marketing push (for lack of a better term) that they didn't have back in 2015. 

On 10/20/2022 at 3:42 AM, eridani said:

Check out Avatar: The High Ground series of graphic novels, these books will fill in the gaps leading into The Way of Water.

The first book comes out Nov 22 at most retailers. 

ABOUT AVATAR: THE HIGH GROUND LIBRARY EDITION

A deluxe collection of the full graphic novel adaptation of one of James Cameron’s original Avatar screenplay story ideas and a direct prequel to the film Avatar: The Way of Water!

It has been over a decade since the humans were forced to leave Pandora—but now they’re returning—with an armada of heavily-armed starships! After years of peace, Jake Sully has settled down with Neytiri and raised a family, so for him, the stakes are even higher than when he first went to war against the corporate might of the RDA.

During the development process of creating the four Avatar sequels, a lot of new ideas and stories were created and discussed. One such EPIC original story idea that didn’t make it into the sequels was James Cameron’s original story—“The High Ground.” This beautiful library edition collects volumes 1-3 of the graphic novel series written by award-winning author Sherri L. Smith (The Toymaker’s Apprentice, Orleans), and illustrated by artists Guilherme Balbi, Diego Galindo, Agustin Padilla, and Miguel Angel Ruiz!

On 10/20/2022 at 8:15 AM, TwoMisfits said:

There will be a good dose of ugliness and violence, that was shown in one of the segments shown at D23, some people called it shockingly violent. 

Based on the Bridgehead satellite map and the descriptions the entire mission has changed from a resource extraction project to full colonization of Pandora by humans. The stakes have changed big time. 

ROUGHLY THE SIZE AND COMPOSITION of Long Beach California
the RDA's new flagship installatiion is not just a base -
it's a city. Bridgehead is vastly larger than the older Hell's Gate,
and lives up to its name as a true beachhead for full-blown
human colonization of Pandora
This extraterrestrial "boom town'
is being built by innumerable subcontractors, all eager for a juicy
contract Overseeing this hive of chaotic construction is RDA
CON-DEV. a new administrative entity that consolidates
coordination or the land-development process at Bridgenead and
other facilities. Called by some the last hope for a dying Earth,
Bridgehead embodies the RDA's motto: "Building Tomorrow.

915qWjDg2+L.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.sohu.com/a/593774074_103685

190 min in length and 310 million in cost according to this random chinese site i've never heard of

Edited by interiorgatordecorator