Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Since we are speaking about James Cameron movies, any idea how much at the box office, can this 25 anniversary re-release of Titanic add to its lifetime DOM-gross? Since so far, Titanic’s lifetime gross is at $659M DOM. Inbetween the recent re-release grosses of Avatar 1 & Spider-Man: No Way Home? Less than those movies? More than those movies? Any idea how much it can make? 👩🏻‍💼

If they go with a good size launch of 2700-3500+TCs man it could be interesting Brother Fanstastic..

I think  it bests megan and  Puss in Boots on the highend  100-140 domestic and over 450M WW.. Small release maybe 60M Dom and 200M WW..

Stiil Im thinking this will be a good size  re-release being its the 25th Anniversary.. So man I wouldnt rule out a very big -4K event with new Scenes Titanic hitting numbers even beyond 500M WW. Can you imagine Titanic ends up with 2.5-2.7+B WW and 750+M Domestic-- Hah hah lol

• Like 1

Cameron says we meet 2 new cultures in Avatar 3. The one with fire (he says it's symbolic) and one more.

Edited by stephanos13
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

Cameron says we meet 2 new cultures in Avatar 3. The one with fire (he says it's symbolic) and one more.

Someone tell those twitter haters that cameron wrote the script long before TLA. They should google "Project 880"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alexdube said:

I like that TGM won cinematography and Avatar won best visual effects for the critics' choice awards

They both did something unique in terms of visuals and that's how you reward both

I want to see the same at the Oscars

Very nice indeed brother Alex. I'm also happy Brendan Frasier got the best actor win for the whale. Too me he's a far better actor than Matt Damon, but Damon made better choices in his career( well besides avatar of course 😂)

• Like 1

" As someone who worked on Mission:Impossible movies and have friends who worked on TG:Maverick, I'm fuckin' FURIOUS!!!. This is always been the case on every TC movie but this is now on a different level. Outright banning VFX studios on advertising their work on the film? What the actual F***?

We worked our asses off to deliver a seamless, near perfect CG for these movies only to be swept under the rug and being denied of existence online and in press cause GOD FORBID everyday Joe realise that Mr Cruise didn't actually do ALL of those stunts. And I would bet all my money this all comes from him. One phone call and VFX is a banned term. It's just a massive egotrip.

I watched countless plates of TC on all fours shaking his head so compers can use that for head replacement with stunt riders, I've seen those crazy truck rigs that end in a hydraulicly controlled BMW motorbike so he can claim that he rode that in those corners up in the mountains without wearing a helmet. I've witnessed those dailies sessions (and had my jaw dropped on the floor) of PIXEL PERFECT digi doubles of Tom Cruise. And of course those digi doubles had their fair share of screen time. I'm so fucking fed up with this bullshit treatment.

By the way Top Gun Maverick was such a disappointment. It was just a massive TC egotrip. “He’s the fastest fighter alive.” yuck..... The only thing worth mentioning was exactly the VFX. The explosions, the dogfights, those seamless, gorgeous comps, everything was spot on. It was so well done, pretty much nothing caught my eye for the first viewing and I'm in this industry for over two decades now...

We really need our ME TOO movement for VFX otherwise one day we're not even gonna be on 
the credits anymore."

I told you from the very first day to my friends and relatives this all Tom Cruise doing all these stunts and real on camera shooting is bullshit. But after the Oscar VFX bake off night, the naked truth is out for everyone to see.

1 minute ago, TRISTAN said:

" As someone who worked on Mission:Impossible movies and have friends who worked on TG:Maverick, I'm fuckin' FURIOUS!!!. This is always been the case on every TC movie but this is now on a different level. Outright banning VFX studios on advertising their work on the film? What the actual F***?

We worked our asses off to deliver a seamless, near perfect CG for these movies only to be swept under the rug and being denied of existence online and in press cause GOD FORBID everyday Joe realise that Mr Cruise didn't actually do ALL of those stunts. And I would bet all my money this all comes from him. One phone call and VFX is a banned term. It's just a massive egotrip.

I watched countless plates of TC on all fours shaking his head so compers can use that for head replacement with stunt riders, I've seen those crazy truck rigs that end in a hydraulicly controlled BMW motorbike so he can claim that he rode that in those corners up in the mountains without wearing a helmet. I've witnessed those dailies sessions (and had my jaw dropped on the floor) of PIXEL PERFECT digi doubles of Tom Cruise. And of course those digi doubles had their fair share of screen time. I'm so fucking fed up with this bullshit treatment.

By the way Top Gun Maverick was such a disappointment. It was just a massive TC egotrip. “He’s the fastest fighter alive.” yuck..... The only thing worth mentioning was exactly the VFX. The explosions, the dogfights, those seamless, gorgeous comps, everything was spot on. It was so well done, pretty much nothing caught my eye for the first viewing and I'm in this industry for over two decades now...

We really need our ME TOO movement for VFX otherwise one day we're not even gonna be on 
the credits anymore."

I told you from the very first day to my friends and relatives this all Tom Cruise doing all these stunts and real on camera shooting is bullshit. But after the Oscar VFX bake off night, the naked truth is out for everyone to see.

Can you stop posting this everywhere!!!!

Wow okay.. Estimates  32M 3 Day all and 40-43M  4 Day MLK Weekend for Avatar 2..

Wow Maverick is Done..

Megan holds nicely with 17 M 3 day and 21-23M 4Day..

(Avatar 2 Way of Water dominates with a growing cume of 572-574M and 1.9Billy WW--Make room for the 2billion WW Club Pandorians!!) ROAR!

Wow A2 has till end of February to keep breaking in the bucks

Can we go beyond 750-800M Domestic range... Lets Goo!!

Megan looks more and more likely like it could get a 3.5X multiplier or better.

" Naysayers learned that Sully Family Domestic and WW

"Have a Strong Heart!"

" Teach them Our Ways!!"

Its Okay Hug GIF by Avatar

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

https://deadline.com/2023/01/ves-awards-nominations-2023-list-avatar-the-way-of-water-record-14-vfx-nominations-1235224158/

VES Awards Nominations: ‘Avatar: The Way Of Water’ Smashes Records With 14 Noms From Visual Effects Society

It also shattered the old high-water mark for films, set by — no big surprise here — the original Avatar, which amassed 11 noms in 2010.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

https://deadline.com/2023/01/ves-awards-nominations-2023-list-avatar-the-way-of-water-record-14-vfx-nominations-1235224158/

VES Awards Nominations: ‘Avatar: The Way Of Water’ Smashes Records With 14 Noms From Visual Effects Society

Now We're Talking!!