Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

17 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

This is a very funny title. I cant wait for the german translation here @Taruseth @Aristis.

Avatar 2: Der Weg des Wassers / Avatar 2: Das Wesen des Wassers / Avatar 2: Die Wege des Wassers

all sound hilarious and like a river/ocean documentary to me.

Anyway, this will make a lot of money.

Ich wäre für das erste:)

Considering it's singular in English too, otherwise it should be the ways of water.

Okay chucklefucks - I'm here and I saw it. Jim did a video and talked his usual spiel beforehand - this entire saga seems like it's a love letter to his own family in a way, at least that's how I interpreted it. We all know Jake is Jim to some extent. I spoke with JL for about 30 seconds and he said that DIS is extremely pleased with what they've seen so far. 

As for the footage, the CGI makes the original look like the final fight scene in Black Panther, I actually can't process it if I'm honest, the shot of the beach looked real, only when it went under the water and I felt like I was looking into a solid block of liquid did it get weird. The 3D HFR that people are crying about being 'weird' is. It's not anything I've ever seen before, but then again I also felt weird when I saw the original Avatar for the first time in 3D. 

It also wasn't really a teaser at all in the normal sense. The line that finished it "Whatever happens this family is our fortress" gave me goose bumps. 

The target demo of this movie is not just white males aged 18 to 25, it's going to be a movie your Mom and sister love too. This will be different on not just a technical level but a thematic level too. Expect a lot of incels online to not 'get it'. 

New prediction: Avatar $3.5B WW (post re-release)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

EW: The footage was comprised of gorgeous, colorful ocean views, glimpses underwater, soaring mid-air shots, and lots of Na'vi. But the focus was on Jake and Neytiri's family. 

The Wrap: In addition to seeing an older and wiser Jake Sully in his Avatar form and an expanded world on Pandora, it also showcased its incredible underwater cinematography that looked extra special in the 3D goggles, including Sully riding some aquatic monsters. 

TotalFilm: Overall takeaways from the footage are that Pandora looked amazing, as did the Na'vi themselves, but the high frame rate threw things off at first glance. The 3D looked good, but the frame rate being used is drastically different from what we're used to seeing that it was hard to get past.

5 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Cinemacon wasn't impressed?

Certified banger incoming

says who (see the post above)

Why would you say something so nonsensical....

Edited by IronJimbo

Now stop with this bullshit "oh people didn't liked it". 

All trades are saying the footage was VERY well received. But it's not a trailer aswell, just random sequences reintroducing Pandora, with pretty much 0 dialogue, so there's nothing to say beyond how it looks and in that regard the reception is pretty great. 

Some people find the HDR switching so fast between the sequences distracting, but that's it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I cannot wait to see all the doubters on here get blown out so hard they wake up on Pandora. I'm more confident in Jim now than ever. 

more confident, were you doubting him?