Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It´s Wonka 

MCU never do open test screenings and i doubt James Cameron in his position would do it as well, Avatar didn´t have one 

Oof, so Wonka went really badly? That's a shame, I liked the Burton version, was hoping this would improve on the...wonky father stuff.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Oof, so Wonka went really badly? That's a shame, I liked the Burton version, was hoping this would improve on the...wonky father stuff.

And the Wonky Father stuff is what I hated about the Burton version. That is when I decided that Burton's obssesion with people with "Daddy Issues" had gotten out of hand. I liked the film when it stuck to the Roald Dahl novel, but thought it sucked when Burton forced in his own ideas. There was no Wonka senior in the Dahl novel.

As for A2, Variety did it's analysis of the reamaining  big films opening this year, and though prediciting that A2 would do very well at the box office,,it  would not beat out TG2 for the year's top money maker. Not sure I agree, but it says something about doubts in the industry that A2 will be the  box office phenemenon the fanboys think it will be.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And the Wonky Father stuff is what I hated about the Burton version. That is when I decided that Burton's obssesion with people with "Daddy Issues" had gotten out of hand. I liked the film when it stuck to the Roald Dahl novel, but thought it sucked when Burton forced in his own ideas. There was no Wonka senior in the Dahl novel.

As for A2, Variety did it's analysis of the reamaining  big films opening this year, and though prediciting that A2 would do very well at the box office,,it  would not beat out TG2 for the year's top money maker. Not sure I agree, but it says something about doubts in the industry that A2 will be the  box office phenemenon the fanboys think it will be.

Are you saying the industry is doubting James Cameron? That's a new one

I think I would be more worried if they didn't have doubts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Maybe but Kojima is huge film buff and posts a lot about film. 

I'm talking about BSL, a post saying Avatar 2 had bad screenings would have gotten him crazy engagement and follower growth, no leaker would turn that down

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

Variety also thinks BP WF will lose like 45% of tickets sales so I dunno what analysis they are going off of 

I don't think these people are even aware that ATP is more than 20% higher than 2018, and when predicting box office they don't really factor what a reasonable admission number *  current ATP would yield; similarly because of this, they'd underpredict Avatar TWOW as well.

Though I do think a 45% reduction in admission for BPWF isn't completely unimaginable. 

7 hours ago, belblazer said:

I'm curious, was it Avatar 2 or BPWF? Was it really that bad? 

Or maybe it was another movie.

Why would it be either?

Avatar 5 is already written and theyre doing their 18 min sneap peeks all around the world which are already wowing, while BP 2 already has tickets on sale

Isnt it already way too late for test screenings for both of those movies?

edit: confirmed to be rise of beasts

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Why would it be either?

Avatar 5 is already written and theyre doing their 18 min sneap peeks all around the world which are already wowing, while BP 2 already has tickets on sale

Isnt it already way too late for test screenings for both of those movies?

edit: confirmed to be rise of beasts

Oh hey, so my guess was right. Cool. I guess the "turd+transformers" combo is iconic at this point.

7 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Oh hey, so my guess was right. Cool. I guess the "turd+transformers" combo is iconic at this point.

I find transformers 2 to be stupidly cool and thus "good"

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

And here I thought DC films were the only ones that got people panicking over test screenings. 

I don't think anybody was actually panicking, I think most of us were just making fun of the idea of a single tweet about a test screening that could be for any movie spelling doom on Avatar 2's prospects.

For the most part, I think those of us that are predicting big numbers for Avatar 2 are extremely confident that Cameron is going to deliver with this movie in a similar way to Titanic and Avatar (and all of his other movies) and there's very little that's going to convince us otherwise, so you're probably not going to see the kind of meltdowns over trivial little things that are customary on BOT.