Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

How much view needed in 24 hours to call it a great viewership? 

Also, I am thinking it is likely there gonna be another final trailer coming in just before the release.  

I mean, tickets drop in like 20 days and its a fair assumption they wont just shadow drop them, so...

7 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yeah this desperately needs a 4k high bitrate version of the trailer. Youtube simply cant keep up with the detail in this trailer at 1080p.

You would think the likes of Fox and Disney would realize this.

But I believe most people would still see the movie in 1080p or 2k since most theaters aren't equipped with 4k projector yet. So maybe setting the expectation right with 1080p is also kind of make sense here. 

10 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yeah this desperately needs a 4k high bitrate version of the trailer. Youtube simply cant keep up with the detail in this trailer at 1080p.

You would think the likes of Fox and Disney would realize this.

Best uncompressed 4k teaser was here thedigitaltheater.com hope they update with new trailer soon.

Edited by adaros

Just now, Borobudur said:

But I believe most people would still see the movie in 1080p or 2k since most theaters aren't equipped with 4k projector yet. So maybe setting the expectation right with 1080p is also kind of make sense here. 

It´s not the quality itself, it´s their compressor 

YouTube 1080p is pretty bad, the more VFX the video have the worse it looks because the platform compressor is awful 

Apple 1080p for example is excellent

As a fan of the first movie and a person who thought the first movie's teaser and trailer did a good job - I can't say the same for these new teaser and trailers.

First movie's teaser allowed the viewer to piece together a plot from the imagery. It presented the viewer with a trip to another, new world. And to a big conflict between humans and some weird blue people.

The second movie's teaser has none of that. It barely has a structure. With just various shots cobbled together for very little effect when it comes to plot or the scale of the movie.

First movie's trailer was basically the same as the teaser but longer and with dialogue, to sell better both the plot, the scale of the battles and the stakes in the film.

This second trailer of the sequel has none of that. No plot. Again the same idea as in the teaser - just a bunch of shots of blue people. Humans are almost not existent in the trailer, even as villains. That seems like a big mistake, marketing wise.

Unless they plan to have yet another trailer, both plot heavy and heavy of epic battle shots - the marketing of this film will be the one to blame for the possible weak BO results. 

• Like 3

Gorgeous trailer, should do very well on theaters on BP sessions 

It´s kinda similar to the teaser tho in a sense that it really don´t tell anything relevant, i was expecting the trailer to be a full +3 minute spoiler heavy trailer like the first one which was epic, but for the theatrical experience i think it´s best to go without knowing exactly what to expect 

55 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

No kate is like the queen of the water tribe or something. think this is the one shot of her in the trailer

1800.jpg?width=620&quality=85&dpr=1&s=no

I get that, but why the fuck is she hitting on Jake's son, then? Or is that some other character?

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

Its just it feels more like an extended teaser than a full trailer

Yeah. It's pretty but it's like a random assortment of scenes, it lacks that... narrative hook. I feel like the original's trailer was a lot better in that regard. Then again, some complained it spoiled the whole movie, so there's that.

I'm joining the chant for a 4k version...

6 minutes ago, excel1 said:

BPWF going to utterly destroy this domestically no doubt 

Even if that was true (and i seriously doubt it lol), A2 will destroy Black Panther worldwide, by at least a billion.

There is more to the world than just the US.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Even if that was true (and i seriously doubt it lol), A2 will destroy Black Panther worldwide, by at least a billion.

There is more to the world than just the US.

Guy is saying Avatar 2 will do King Kong 2005 numbers, wouldn't take him seriously 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I mean, tickets drop in like 20 days and its a fair assumption they wont just shadow drop them, so...

But this trailer is still very plot thin and human characters are completely missing. And I remember the first movie push 3D hard toward the release date. All in, there are material available to tease.

26 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I get that, but why the fuck is she hitting on Jake's son, then? Or is that some other character?

Because like how the first one was 'Pocahontas with blue people' this one is going for more of a 'Notes on a scandal with blue people' vibe.

• Haha 1