Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

reminder the first film became the highest grossing film of all time due to it's quality

That's the facts Jack! ( to quote a famouse movie line).. Not to mention nearly 100  film awards including golden globe win for best picture. Best.director nods and picture wins  at so many  of Top Film reward events. And we all know it was politics and everyone saying Jimbo got too many awards  already on the board why Avatar didn't get another best picture win at 2009-2010 Oscar's. LOL the wife he taught all she knew got the best picture Oscar instead. Hah hah how about that. Congrats though to Jim's ex Mrs Bigelow. She's a sensational talent in her own right. She also one of the producers of the walking dead franchise and one of my favorite horror movies Near Dark. Nice!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

T1, T2, Aliens, Titanic - those are his top tier films, all equally amazing.

True Lies, Abyss, Avatar - those are a notch below

Not to most. Abyss was awesome. I would say true lies is a film that didn't require all of Cameron's gifts. Still showcasing a different and wonderful kind of action / spie movie. And it was better than alot of bond films. Not bad for his first take on the genre.

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

T1, T2, Aliens, Titanic - those are his top tier films, all equally amazing.

True Lies, Abyss, Avatar - those are a notch below

Elssar still can't believe you think abyss isnt top tier. I think it's better than Terminator 1. Brilliant movie. Especially if you see the special edition with all the footage they forced Cameron to cut out to meet the studios  run time expectations. 👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Elssar still can't believe you think abyss isnt top tier. I think it's better than Terminator 1.

It's still great, just saying some of his other films are even better.

T1 is the closest Cameron has gotten to a horror flick. It's raw and brutal. And i love the 80s synth score!

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Ncsoft China's president wants the people to experience avatar so much he's opening theaters they're saying.  Wow and it looks like a Cameron film will join the 200m OW club 😎😎 Cameron repeat business and all dominating multiplier next🏋‍♀️💯.  Woohooo!!

Come on! Come On I  want pandorians  to drive this new journway over a billion domestic. I hope I can get it in a 4dx theater

China is such a finicky situation that even though now there is reason to be optimistic, there are still so many factors at play that could just derail things... This makes tracking A2 China run both exciting and anxiety inducing!

I've never experienced 4DX, but I think you should be sure to save that for a second viewing or something, first viewing you might get distracted by all the effects etc.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mikeymichael said:

Officially checking in to begin following Avatar 2's run.

What's the consensus (if any) on final domestic BO prediction? I know it's tracking for a huge opening, but are people thinking this could top TFA or even cross 1 billy?

Yes, I'm counting on it.

• Like 1

Ok hot take…..as much as I appreciate Jim’s ambition, (something Hollywood could use more of)with the epic vibrant special effects world building of Pandora, there’s something off with the avatar characters,it’s in the way they move in that motion capture “wiggly sort of way”.You know, you see it in all the motion capture films of the past, pay attention to films like tin tin and polar express I can’t help but feel the film would have been better had it been animated straight by “real” animators from the conception of the process.But knowing Jim(look at his previous opinion that the avatar performances is not a credit in some ways to animators) he’s probably too sophisticated to actually be associated to be making a straight animated film.(even though ironically the performances would be more sophisticated).   Just a thought……probably not representative of his opinion’s but just a thought🤓.            Don’t come at me 😜

5 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Yesterdays new footage in a short vid.

It's incredible to me the extent to which some shots/sequences feel so utterly tangible and real. The baby grabbing the finger here, or the close up shot of the tugging of the strap in the water. Really remarkable stuff.

Peace,

Mike

• Astonished 2