Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Kal, you delusional little boy.  Star Wars is going to do a billion here and that leaves it just 700 million internationally for it to pass Jurassic World.  By the end of tomorrow night, SW will have done more than 500 million internationally.  And that's in it's first 9 days and without China.  It's killing it in UK, Australia, Latin America and many other places.  Your loyalty to Cameron is touching but it's also useless.  SW is going to destroy Avatar here in North america and when all is said and done, it will be the second highest grossing film world wide.

Avatar 2 isn't going to hit 2 billion let alone double SW gross WW.  

You make me laugh.  

I agree with you except that. A sequel to a 2.7BN grosser has all the potential a film needs to hit 2BN.

Edited by vc2002
  • Thanks 1

Nice job FTF.....very nice.

Kal thinking that SW is going to stop at 800 million is almost as funny as him thinking that Avatar 2 will make 5 billion WW.  

For the record Kal, SW will be at 800 million (or very close to it) by the  end of next weekend.

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

Kal:                                                                   Reality:

SW isn't strong in UK                                           It's already passed JW

I mean Australia                                                  Pass JW after this weekend

I mean German                                                   Likely to pass JW after this weekend too

I mean .... :ohmyzod:

Avatar 2 is gonna double TFA's WW, OK 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oops I made a mistake with UK, sorry. Ruined the joke.

Edit button is not working.

• Like 1

Cameron's start nothing is it equal as a movie experience. He says the things he can do now will go beyond avtr and make us mess ourselves. There will be alot of cool breakthroughs venom.  Always bet on James.  Aliens,  terminator,  T2, the greatest epic world impact film of all time titanic.  Then he breaks the world again on a smaller scale with Avatar.  Need I say more

Bottomline avtr was in far less theaters than both jpw and the force.  With fox behind the mighty Cameron and theaters viewings on the level of these two.  It's a near lock to increase,  especially if the sequel isn't battling snowstorms like the first.  Most feel avtr would have hit 850to 900 m don't if not for the big east storms the movie was plagued with

1 minute ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Bottomline avtr was in far less theaters than both jpw and the force.  With fox behind the mighty Cameron and theaters viewings on the level of these two.  It's a near lock to increase,  especially if the sequel isn't battling snowstorms like the first.  Most feel avtr would have hit 850to 900 m don't if not for the big east storms the movie was plagued with

Avatar has 0% chance to increase.  0.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

This thread is really becoming unreadable.

And here I thought I was the only one...

I'm a big fan of James Cameron movies but not Avatar. Once again unless it has this mind blowing new technology that demands that it be seen in theaters, it will not be as big a deal. Avatar is not Terminator or Aliens as far as fandoms go. It never seeped that far into pop culture after it left theaters. 

Frozen did a much better job at that.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I really wish James Cameron would choose to work on something else and leave Avatar alone. There's no need to revisit the blue people.

There's 2.7 billion reasons to revisit the blue people.

• Like 6