Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Why do haters STILL feel the need to attack AVATAR with the all the pocohontus and Dances with Smurfs shite, its not 2010 anymore, let it go.

Haters? Don't you know that nobody liked Avatar? Not the people who gave it an A CinemaScore, not the people who went again and again, and certainly not the people who made it gross close to 3 billion dollars. Everyone hated it (or so does the internet say).

i wonder which will happen first, avatar 2 in theatre or book 6 of GRR martin series a song of ice and fire better known to general public as game of thrones book?  would make a good bet for london bookies

My prediction is for Winds of Winter to come out Holidays 2014.

When I saw Avatar in the theaters I think the overall experience of seeing the film in 3D was truly something special. I would gave given it an A. Subsequent viewings have moved it down to a B-. The problem is I can't think of anything that truly stands out about the film.

• Like 1

When I saw Avatar in the theaters I think the overall experience of seeing the film in 3D was truly something special. I would gave given it an A. Subsequent viewings have moved it down to a B-. The problem is I can't think of anything that truly stands out about the film.

Buy a 3D TV and you will notice a lot of the movie stands out. Seriously though, 3 years down the line and nothing has come close to matching this visually. We know its a matter of style over substance but when the style is this great, the substance hardly matters.
  • Like 1

Since seeing it at the cinema I've tried watching Avatar a couple of times on a digital projector I have, but I find the uncanny valley effect of the Na'vi and Pandora too trying to get through. I hope the boundary between live action and animation doesn't blur even further with future blockbusters (it undoubtedly will).

Cameron's still a very efficient story-teller though.

Edited by Hatebox

Since seeing it at the cinema I've tried watching Avatar a couple of times on a digital projector I have, but I find the uncanny valley effect of the Na'vi and Pandora too trying to get through. I hope the boundary between live action and animation doesn't blur even further with future blockbusters (it undoubtedly will).

Cameron's still a very efficient story-teller though.

What's up with Pandora? Uncanny valley is about human-like creatures like Navi.