Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, AdrianL said:

your move WB... 

If Wonka is ready WB should switch release dates with Aquaman. 

Also from that interview

Q: For real?

A:For real. It’s going to blow people away. You’re not ready for what Jim is doing.

Q:Given how long it’s been since the first Avatar film, how will the studio ignite enough audience interest to justify their budgets once the sequels finally hit?

A: I can tell you that there is no better marketing apparatus in the business than the one at Disney. They will do an incredible job reigniting that passion for the original film. This is not just a sequel, it’s a saga. And it’s a family saga. It will be compelling on its own, but it will also be extremely compelling to return to those characters and to see how they’ve evolved. It’s less about Avatar being a really big movie and more about how Avatar was a really important cultural moment for audiences. I don’t think it will be hard to convince people to come back.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Also from that interview

Q: For real?

A:For real. It’s going to blow people away. You’re not ready for what Jim is doing.

Q:Given how long it’s been since the first Avatar film, how will the studio ignite enough audience interest to justify their budgets once the sequels finally hit?

A: I can tell you that there is no better marketing apparatus in the business than the one at Disney. They will do an incredible job reigniting that passion for the original film. This is not just a sequel, it’s a saga. And it’s a family saga. It will be compelling on its own, but it will also be extremely compelling to return to those characters and to see how they’ve evolved. It’s less about Avatar being a really big movie and more about how Avatar was a really important cultural moment for audiences. I don’t think it will be hard to convince people to come back.

This guy is saying "It’s going to blow people away. You’re not ready for what Jim is doing", while the AMC ceo said "I've seen footage from it, it's mind-blowing"

Did they use the same language when they were marketing Avatar 1?

Again, no one should be surprised.  It's not like Cameron doesn't consistently innovate in absolutely everything he does!  I've seen some of the tech they've been working with.  The movie will impress, innovate and entertain global audiences just like every single one of Cameron's major movies have.  

Edited by Macleod

Wow, I am most looking forward next level of 3D effect. I think most people forgot just how immersive and addictive 3D can be if the approach is carefully executed but seeing the ticket price lately, just wonder how high 3D price can go for A2. 

Is the water thingy really enough to talk about blowing minds?

Gotta wonder what else they could be hiding 

much better 3D?

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Again, no one should be surprised.  It's not like Cameron doesn't consistently innovate in absolutely everything he does!  I've seen some of the tech they've been working with.  The movie will impress, innovate and entertain global audiences just like every single one of Cameron's major movies have.  

What type of tech we talking about?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

What type of tech we talking about?

Tech I can't talk about, because I know someone working on it and I had to sign an NDA.  Numerous interviews with both Cameron and one or two other involved parties have begun circulating in the past year, you can Google them.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg, as we say... 

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Regardless of the tech being applied here, Cameron's thoughtfulness in composing an image, especially for 3D, should make this an absolute must-see. I was amazed when I saw the original during its Chinese re-release last year (and then went back again and again…). Sure, the 3D tech itself is impressive, but what really makes it sing is how carefully the image's composed to really highlight the 3D, with ferns placed towards the edge of frame to heighten that sense of depth, plus clever use of composing to make sure that things like particles drifting towards camera and large voids like empty spaceships/industrial spaces feel, well, huge.

Basically tl:dr, I'm going to hyperventilate and faint from excitement the second this sequel releases any final images/footage. After over a decade of waiting, I still can't quite believe that Avatar 2 is actually almost a real thing maybe…

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

45B ww.

this something to do with those pseudo-announcements of Russia going back to the gold standard?

This thread was originally created when the forum first opened in 2011. Honestly I could've sworn it passed that number a long time ago (mainly due to a couple stans who kept bumping it with every rumor and speculative clickbait)

Edited by AniNate

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

This thread was originally created when the forum first opened in 2011. Honestly I could've sworn it passed that number a long time ago (mainly due to a couple stans who kept bumping it with every rumor and speculative clickbait)

Regardless of the age of the thread, the fact that it managed to pass 1000 pages without so much as a single teaser is something I don’t think any other movie on these forums managed to accomplish. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, Macleod said:

Tech I can't talk about, because I know someone working on it and I had to sign an NDA.  Numerous interviews with both Cameron and one or two other involved parties have begun circulating in the past year, you can Google them.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg, as we say... 

Currently most of the hype are mostly streaming from underwater motion capture. There hasn’t been much reference or hype surrounding its 3D effect, which could suggest that the 3d will largely stay as awesome as in 2009 but nothing revolutionary to yell around