grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

Nikki is shooting heroine if she thinks a 22-23 mill friday means it does 50.  It's obviously going to go up on Saturday (minus Thurs number) and then drop by about 25% on Sunday.

So in my estimation it would be something like:

15.5 (same drop as THG)

With Twilight's multiplier (2.75) it'll hit 165, so imo, it will do between 150-170, which again, imo, is a great start.

• Like 3

I saw Divergent today, alone.  I don't know why some of you are so nervous about going to a movie A) by yourself and B) to something that might be considered more aimed at girls/women.

• Like 18

After all those flops, we finally have a new franchise.

Thank God, was about time.

Divergent really came out of nowhere to me, even more than "The Hunger Games". While that movie had a great story to tell, I was just bored by the trailers for "Divergent".

I rent the first book though, let's see, how it is.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

The recent YA's were hit and miss for me.  Shockingly Vampire Academy was actually pretty decent but some of the others, like Mortal Instruments, were absolutely wretched.

• Like 2

I enjoyed seeing all those YA movies flop so badly! :P

I didn't see all of them, but I saw "Beautiful Creatures" recently. Apart from the fact, that the characters look closer to 51, than 15, I thought it was a decent movie. I think I gave it a 6/10.

I saw Divergent today, alone.  I don't know why some of you are so nervous about going to a movie A) by yourself and B) to something that might be considered more aimed at girls/women.

They should think about how many females go see Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Iron Man, James Bond, Mission Impossible, Indiana Jones, Jason Bourne, Star Wars....and no guy ever thinks they are a lesbian for doing so.

• Like 6