CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

Do you think the door is left open for more sequels?

As the existence of this movie proves, that doesn't really matter.

Honestly, I feel at this point TS will probably continue as a sort of periodic James Bond-type deal. So far it's been a dependable franchise for the studio to go back to, and there's no shortage of story material with characters that straddle the line of immortality. Can see the franchise as having them just moving from one kid to the next over time.  

Edited by tribefan695

4 hours ago, RealLyre said:

but Metacritic seem to stick with their 50 review capacity, I wonder when they'll finally change their mind and start approving more publications. 

Hopefully never.

Metacritic is has become more reliable than RT at what it does. When something gets 85 on MC you know it's uniquely special. When something gets 95% on RT, who the fuck knows if it's anything beyond popcorn munchable. RT expanded its critic base so it would have more celebrity promotors (they did it for site growth), not because it was good for movies, or for movie goers, or would increase the accuracy of the meter. Hell, one of RT's new "top critics" basically analyzes the films from a "fem-freq" angle and looks for conversations between two women. That's fine and all but not really what I'm looking for in a "top critic." Actually now that I think about it, the "top critics" has become ye ol' "normal critics" of RT yore.

• Like 4

It seems this one was made with the same care as the others.   I see no reason why the series shouldn't continue from time to time if that approach was taken.   Heck I think the Halloween and Christmas specials they did were made the same way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DAR said:

It seems this one was made with the same care as the others.   I see no reason why the series shouldn't continue from time to time if that approach was taken.   Heck I think the Halloween and Christmas specials they did were made the same way.

I love the Toy Story shorts they did like Small Fry and Hawaiian Vacation.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I loved Toy Story of Terror and Toy Story That Time Forgot.

• Like 2

FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKYFORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hot take: Finding Dory is just as good as the original.

You’re not alone. I also loved Finding Dory as much as Finding Nemo. 💁🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

And it’s easily understandable why Dory became one of the biggest hits of 2016. Near perfect reception helped Dory similarly as it helped Incredibles 2 last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKYFORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY FORKY 

I'm laughing at how everyone was like "this character is gonna ruin the movie" when the first trailer for this landed and so far everybody's saying he's a highlight. What a twist.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm laughing at how everyone was like "this character is gonna ruin the movie" when the first trailer for this landed and so far everybody's saying he's a highlight. What a twist. 

I've been here from Forky from the start. he's kinda obviously the hook of the movie.

I fuck with forky

• Like 1