CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

This was always the movie I was most looking forward to but most afraid of this summer. I love these movies so damn much but 3 ended perfectly. Was this going to be the ugly duckling? The Crystal Skull of Woody’s adventures?

These early reactions have made my day. Bring it on!!! 

I admit I was one of the people who proudly called this movie "unnecessary" and that "the franchise should've ended with 3"

But as we've seen with Avengers greatly exceeding expectations for OW then going against expectations for legs, Aladdin breaking out, Pikachu doing so-so, Godzilla bombing, etc. 

we don't really know anything in the grand scheme of things, we are still just spectators

The clips for this have been amazing and the animation jaw-dropping and you can tell it's gonna be emotional

I wish nothing but success for this movie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are there some few users here that are still excited for this film but with fairly low expectations?

I won't say "low" expectations, but I'm going to expect I2 level (very good but a step down from the great predecessor) until reviews actually come out. After all, social media reactions are liable to always be glowing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are there some few users here that are still excited for this film but with fairly low expectations?

I had low expectations, but after seeing pieces of the trailers and stuff like the Keanu Reeves behind-the-scenes, I'm kicking myself for not getting a ticket on opening night. This movie looks awesome.

The biggest problem with all these sequels is the need to rewatch the previous ones before going into the theater. 😑

Guess that not many/any critics were invited to the world premiere then.  Just gonna have 'till Thur for the actual review embargo to lift, I suppose (I believe it drops on Thr at least from what I recall someone else saying)