Olive

Thursday Numbers: CA2-4.32M,RIO2-3.58M, Heaven-3.33M, Transcendence-850k

From last Easter (March 29 - 31)

2nd w/e of Olympus Has Fallen

Thur just had a 4.7% bump

Fr: +107%

Sat: +18%

Sun: -35.2% (same drop as it had the w/e before)

TWS with those same % numbers:

Fr: $8.94

Sat: $10.55

Sun: $6.86

=$26.35

With Hunger Games's Easter #s

Thur had a 38.9% bump

Fr: +100%

Sat: +1.7%

Sun: -44% (little more than w/e before)

TWS with those same % numbers:

Fr: $8.64

Sat: $8.78

Sun: $4.92

=$22.34

CATWS like Olympus is more adult skewing so my guess it would maintain it's usually lower Sun drop and it's Thur % jump was in between the two though it dropped better all week than either with significantly better week-week drops.  I think $23m is the floor.  So $23-26m.  It could hit $200m by Sunday.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5

CATWS needs 25.1 to get to 200. That's probably a bit much for this weekend, but it should happen on Monday or Tuesday.

That said, I certainly wouldn't rule it out for this weekend. I always get confused by some numbers over Easter weekend, so I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher than expected or lower than expected.

• Like 3

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  47s

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in $4.32M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $174.91M. #CaptainAmerica2

+22.6% !

Good jump considering it lost a lot of the IMAX screens as well as bunch of premium screens. And looking at the other holdovers, it's looking good.
  • Like 3

Wait. I thought Transcendence opened on Thursday. Why no number?

It did. 

Did the tree really make a sound if no one heard it fall? Sort of like that for Transcendence.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in $4.32M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $174.91M. #CaptainAmerica2

+22.6% !

That is an AWESOME increase, especially for a film that's been out and #1 for two weekends!

Time to update the thread title with Caps numbers, showcasing the deserved #1 slot for Thursday totals!!! A MOD can do that right vs waiting on Olive. 

I am so hoping this momentum keeps up---come on $25.1m+ weekend for a third weekend at #1!!!

• Like 1

That is an AWESOME increase, especially for a film that's been out and #1 for two weekends!

Time to update the thread title with Caps numbers, showcasing the deserved #1 slot for Thursday totals!!! A MOD can do that right vs waiting on Olive. 

I am so hoping this momentum keeps up---come on $25.1m+ weekend for a third weekend at #1!!!

That was an expected increase CC ;)  Keep your panties on :P

Today should only increase around 100% because of the inflated weekday numbers

• Like 1