grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

13 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Or maybe like for spider man the best way nowdays, when everything is old news after 48 hours, is a conversation at the last moment 😃

in general i never understood what's the point to have reviews and reactions 10 20 or 30 days before.

if It's a Little movie It's important to let the movie grow but when you have a blockbuster, especially if good, hyping at the last time seems to me the best idea honestly. 

that is true, spider-verse went from looking like maybe 100M~ to 120M+ because of a gigantic bump right before release

ngl i'll try to keep the faith in Gerwig, especially if she pulled this off but "netflix Narnia movie" sounds like it was designed in a lab to be the least interesting project possible.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Gerwig apparently also confirmed in an interview the budget is 145M, not 100.

Makes sense. I mean the money are there, a lot of big sets, costumes, 2 very big stars (plus McKinnon and especially Farrell) and a lot of secondary actors. 

And all multinominated/winner artists involved in every side of the production so of course this makes you spend more money too. 

Edited by vale9001

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Gerwig apparently also confirmed in an interview the budget is 145M, not 100.

Makes sense. I mean the money are there, a lot of big sets, costumes, 2 very big stars (plus McKinnon and especially Farrell) and a lot of secondary actors. 

And all multinominated/winner artists involved in every side of the production so of course this makes you spend more money too. 

Unless the marketing budget is absolutely insane it's 100% making a profit

17 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Even with a 350m marketing budget it would break even :) 

anyways no more than 100M. Clearly Mattel payed for all the mechandising promo. If you don't count that as someone said before i didn't even see this never seen amount of promo,... it has been smart, that's for sure.

Edited by vale9001

30 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

This is Barbie's Oscar song and it's taking it. That music video was so good too. Brilliant stuff. 

I'm just Ken sounds like an hit too. Written by Mark Ronson (writer of Shallow) + Slash at the guitar. It could became a streaming hit since is a peak moment in the movie. And also being an oscar contender. 

49 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

... I'm sorry but this having a $145m budget is ridiculous lol and I am really so excited for this. If the movie is amazing then ok but there's no reason this should cost that much

When the budget for the cast was probably 50M Is not. 

You see the 90M extra. They build all Barbie Land with incredibile detailed sets. The skyes you see Is not cgi, is a Paint. Everything Is real.

Do you know movies like inging in the rain had with inflations even bigger budget?. It's that kind of movie on production level. 

Also i read Barbie alone changes like 45 costumes.  And you can see all the characters have many of them, so the numbers of that should be very very big. 

Edited by vale9001