grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

7.7 is a perfectly good score on IMDB. Oppenheimer is only so high bc IMDB has literally worshipped Nolan since the dawn of time 

I will say that so far its a better score than usual when it comes to how these female driven blockbusters are treated on the site but it is defiantly not a perfectly good score on IMDB

There is clearly some review bombing going on, but thankfully if the trolls keep trying to hurt the films score it will eventually trigger their new rating system that detects unusual voting activity and imdb will step in to put in end to the review bombing just as they did with the little mermaid

Edited by roxas11

5 minutes ago, roxas11 said:

I will say that so far its a better score than usual when it comes to how these female driven blockbusters are treated on 'the site but it is defiantly not a perfectly good score on IMDB

There is clearly some review bombing going on, but thankfully if the trolls keep trying to hurt the film score it will eventually trigger their new system that detects unusual voting activity and imdb will step in to put in end to the review bombing just as they did with the little mermaid

Reviewbombing doesnt really affect that much since IMDB forces a distribution of the voting.  Thus, even if it has several 0s, the algorithm basically neglects its impact. 

17 minutes ago, Bob-omb said:

Reviewbombing doesnt really affect that much since IMDB forces a distribution of the voting.  Thus, even if it has several 0s, the algorithm basically neglects its impact. 

I don't know. there Isn't any reason for Peter Pan Disney live action to be at 4.4/10 (can be bland and generic but certainly not a disastrous movie brings Disney audience to give It 1/10).  The problem is few votes in general and Trilly is black. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Verified at 92% A-/B+ which is really good for a comedy.

7.7/10 IMDb is solid don't really know how much review bombing is involved but this clearly was never going get as much backlash I guess.

Even all audience score is 81% and usually heavily review bombed movies it would have dipped like below 50%

It's going to make a tonne of money , the "go woke ,go broke crowd" will just slowly dissolve away  so don't expect barbie to generate alot of negative clickbaity  videos and chatter like Indy ,TLM etc..

Yeah it's not Disney movie.

7 hours ago, Bob-omb said:

7 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I don't know. there Isn't any reason for Peter Pan Disney live action to be at 4.4/10 (can be bland and generic but certainly not a disastrous movie brings Disney audience to give It 1/10).  The problem is few votes in general and Trilly is black. 

It's not that hard to clear out 90% or more of the negative and positive review bombing. You take the extremes out and where the gaussian curve hits in the middle pretty much tells where the average is. You weigh which side of the middle is more represented (minus the extremes) and in Peter Pan's case 4.4 looks correct as Barbie's case 7.8.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5635026/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1517268/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Rest of the 5-10% bombing effects IMDB can relatively easy cut away by recognizing individual rating habit anomalies. So in short, IMDB ratings should be pretty review bombing proof.

PS. Could we already stop using as a default excuse if some movie doesn't perform well in ratings or BO that it's because the movie had this and this minority in it unless there are some real statistics or other evidence that has at least some resembles of scientific basis instead of some anecdotal cesspool reactions from Twitter, YouTube, or other corners of digital space. Seems like a pattern of lazy excuses fueled by big studio marketing execs to cover there own incompetence, trying to save a bad movie, or just using a serious cause in a manipulative way as another marketing tool.

Edited by von Kenni

How many times did people comment before that this is not a kids movie (based on advanced screenings) and were shot down here? WB were indeed dumb to advertise the movie blatantly in front of toy shops. 

I reckon bored and/or crying children and annoyed parents walking out of theatre will be the main risk to the CinemaScore. Most audiences seem to like it even with a few small reservations, some love it. 

3 hours ago, Redolent said:

How many times did people comment before that this is not a kids movie (based on advanced screenings) and were shot down here? WB were indeed dumb to advertise the movie blatantly in front of toy shops. 

I reckon bored and/or crying children and annoyed parents walking out of theatre will be the main risk to the CinemaScore. Most audiences seem to like it even with a few small reservations, some love it. 

There were kids in my screening, and I actually don’t think it was as bad as I was expecting. I don’t even really remember that much cussing in the film only a few light sex jokes but it wasn’t vile or anything parents would be offended by.

• Like 2