grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

You guys have to check out Nikki's twitter right now. She's talking her "process" for box office projections... :lol:

Take vodka, mix with orange juice? Repeat 10 times?

Mix. Drink. Repeat. Mix. Drink. Repeat. Mix. Drink. Repeat.

• Like 2

:D

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke 1h

Early Friday Box Office: Gals rule! 'The Other Woman' (Fox - 3205 runs) #1 with $9M-$10M for $25M weekend. Studio claims $40M cost.

Hector M Ramirez @HECarq 45m

@NikkiFinke would you be kind enough to explain how the industry predicts with such accuracy the boxoffice weekend with just 1 day data?Thks

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke

@HECarq - If I told you then everybody would do it. If they had sources like mine.

Robert Calcagno @rcalcagno3 21m

@HECarq @NikkiFinke By 6PM PST, the East Coast has already gone to 2nd evening shows, so they're projecting off 7PM rush from most of USA.

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke 

@rcalcagno3 @HECarq - Much more complicated than just that, trust me.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn
  • Like 3

That multiplier seems funny. 9m fri should mean 25m to 28m ow10m fri heading 27m to 31m owYes 25 is in range but bottom end? If estimates hold of course.

• Like 1

:DNikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke 1hEarly Friday Box Office: Gals rule! 'The Other Woman' (Fox - 3205 runs) #1 with $9M-$10M for $25M weekend. Studio claims $40M cost. Hector M Ramirez ‏@HECarq 45m@NikkiFinke would you be kind enough to explain how the industry predicts with such accuracy the boxoffice weekend with just 1 day data?Thks Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke @HECarq - If I told you then everybody would do it. If they had sources like mine. Robert Calcagno ‏@rcalcagno3 21m@HECarq @NikkiFinke By 6PM PST, the East Coast has already gone to 2nd evening shows, so they're projecting off 7PM rush from most of USA.  Nikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke  @rcalcagno3 @HECarq - Much more complicated than just that, trust me.

Oh Nikki. I can spoil your secrets. Studios can see numbers on nearly an hourly basis. Shit is connected, detailed, and on point. A&D we've got years and years of trends to build off that data.And yet, Nikki, you still suck at extrapolating box office. Instead of explaining how they get it right, explain how you get it so wrong?!
  • Like 2

So I saw this chick today working out in front me at work. Really nice body. She was doingincredible stretching. She was beyond firm. I was busy texting instead of pics! That's my story for today.

No pics?Your story sucks.
  • Like 1

That's great for The Other Woman. I'm glad it's doing well. Really wanna see it this weekend. Looks hilarious. I heard the ladies hosts talking about it on the radio, it'll do very well with the women audience I think.