DAR

What films would you introduce a kid to.

So if you had a kid or are an aunt, uncle, older brother, sister etc. What films would you show to a younger child to start them on the path to movie watching.Well there's Star Wars of course. Wizard of Oz. Of course you'd show them many of the animated classics from Walt Disney's era and of course the 90's. Most of Pixar. I personally would show some Marx Brothers. ET, the first two Harry Potter's.Those are just starters.

the usuals toy story , anything disney, old 80's films like indy trilogy, back to the future, all of harry potter, lord of the ringsbut lately i've been trying to scare my nephews on old scary films that scared the heck out of me as a kid like poltergeist, freddy krueger, jason , scream and wouldnt you know they are totally phased by it, didnt scare them one bit some even got a bit bored watching! i'm confounded...is 80/90's scary not scary enough for the new millenium kids?

• Like 1

My youngest sister is a huge Potter fan because I introduced her to the movies. I also introduced her to Pixar films, Dinsey classics, Jurassic Park, The Mummy + The Mummy Returns, and a few others I keep forgetting.So, basically, a lot of her childhood films are identical to mine. :lol:

I guess it depends on what they can handle. Some people suggested Indiana Jones. However, the first two are pretty intense. LOTR has some epic battle scenes, but I think are safe. Same goes for Star Wars.Toy Story is a must. The Lion King. Beauty and the Beast. Most kids seem to love the first Cars. To be honest, beyond that, I have no idea.

Jurassic Park trilogy, Batman (90's), Spider-Man, TRANSFORMERS trilogy is a must, POTC although I'm not sure if they would exactly be intrigued by it, HP series of course (although I would cut them off at GOF), PIXAR films are also a must, Rango, Shrek series, Puss In Boots, Dinosaur, Ice Age series, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

Eh, I got some baby cousins and the first movies I showed them were Rainbow Brite and The Chimpmunk Adventure, then later on Cars and Finding Nemo they loved too. We've yet to watch a live action movie together though. I'm thinking of showing them Flight of the Navigator or The Goonies, I liked those movies when I was a kid.

I can't believe it took till post 18 for GOONIES to get a mention. Depending on how we define kid and what their "flinch" mechanisms are. Those saying INDY may forget about the Mummies, snakes, spiders and bloody bodies both in the intro and closing scenes. Indy to a tween for sure...a 6-8yr old probably not. Back to the Future for sure.