lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

12 hours ago, Goffe said:

Power Rangers has 0 brand power, the fact that it's a POWER RANGERS film is more likely to turn people off than the contrary. Plus, focusing on the high school aspect limits its potential greatly.

It will do closer to Dragonball evolution than Fantastic Four if absolutely everything doesn't go in its favor.

Why do people keep saying things like that?
The buzz of Power Rangers is greater than Fantastic Beasts'. (Well, that does not mean much, but Power Ranger is really expressive)

Trailer has already 9.2M views in youtube. 21M views in facebook. It gained + 118k likes on the official page in facebook just this week. According to the TT BO, he had 104k mentions on twitter yesterday, 20k today (and the day is not over).

By comparison, the biggest FB trailer on youtube has 11.6m of views accumulated and it was released 9 months ago.

These numbers doesn't seem come from a brand that turn people off. 

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

Why do people keep saying things like that?
The buzz of Power Rangers is greater than the Fantastic Beasts. (Well, that does not mean much, but Power Ranger is really expressive)

Trailer has already 9.2M views in youtube. 21M views in facebook. He gained + 118k likes on the official page in facebook just this week. According to the TT BO, he had 104k mentions on twitter yesterday, 20k today (and the day is not over).

By comparison, the biggest FB trailer on youtube has 11.6m of views accumulated and it was released 9 months ago.

These numbers doesn't seem come from a brand that turn people off. 

Unfortunately, for a lot of people, Power Rangers' brand power, as Saban Brands likes to market over and over and over again, is "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," as in that's the only 3 seasons that exist for Power Rangers (and really for a lot of people only up to the White Ranger story arc in season 2), despite there being now being 20 subsequent seasons after MMPR, with Ninja Steel being season 24 in the franchise.  I personally would enjoy a theatrical version of Power Rangers S.P.D., especially with its 2025 year setting, but I know that's probably never going to happen.

31 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

As expected, looks awful. Looks like a worse version of Chronicle and I didn't even like Chronicle.

Speaking of that:

1 minute ago, Outrageous! said:

Unfortunately, for a lot of people, Power Rangers' brand power, as Saban Brands likes to market over and over and over again, is "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," as in that's the only 3 seasons that exist for Power Rangers (and really for a lot of people only up to the White Ranger story arc in season 2), despite there being now being 20 subsequent seasons after MMPR, with Ninja Steel being season 24 in the franchise.  I personally would enjoy a theatrical version of Power Rangers S.P.D., especially with its 2025 year setting, but I know that's probably never going to happen.

Speaking of that:

Max Landis will never cease to be a bit of a douchebag, will he? He manages to come off kinda douchy even when he's right.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

Speaking of that:

LBR it's not the first time someone involved with Chronicle was shunted out of a completely unrelated property and someone else made a beta version of the film.

Edited by Morieris

Looked ok. I got a bit of chills. I don't see this making alot of money but hopefully will do better than Fantastic Four (2015) both financially and critically. 

One thing to consider. The core/original audience are now in their 30/40s. For properties like this there has be a strong nostalgic factor and I'm not sure Power Rangers has it. 

$40/$110m

• Like 1

Power Rangers came after my formidable years. They were always just a knockoff of things from my formidable years. I never saw the Turbo movie, only saw a few episodes over the course of the 90's to confirm it wasn't to my liking.

That said, I will say I was impressed with the trailer and will proceed with a more open mind pending another trailer. 

I was 8 years old when the show started.  Everyone at my school was obsessed with it and Ninja Turtles and Batman. I used to get so mad that I couldn't watch the show in the morning and was glad when they moved the show to 3pm. I got my mom to buy the vhs tape of the first episode which was the first time I saw that episode.  I still remember how excited I was when the 2nd season premiered in prime time on a Saturday or Friday night. That's how big the show was! And Lord Zedd was seen as a BAD ASS villain by 8 year old me and I was stunned when he destroyed the zords. Seriously guys MMPR was the shit in elementary.  No one called it corny til middle school and that's because they kept replacing all the rangers. I didn't stop watching til Lost Galaxy. No lie.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Almost 17 millions on YouTube. Is it good? It seems good. It is more than I thought it would get anyway.

Gotta watch for that second trailer drop though.

19 hours ago, Goffe said:

trailer views means little to nothing unless they are doing big league numbers, like 40m and above

At least on Youtube, the teaser trailer views have leveled off substantially, now just above 17.2 million.  On Monday, ABC News said it was at 12 million.   So, a considerable amount of those views came within the first 72 hours, which is not unexpected for a known IP like Power Rangers.

And DC Comics announced today a Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers crossover in the comics.  Sigh, Saban Brands is never going to let go of marketing Mighty Morphin Power Rangers whenever they get a chance, are they?  Even Samurai and Megaforce, shows that Saban Brands made in this decade, get pushed aside for more Mighty Morphin nostalgia marketing.

On 10/12/2016 at 2:42 PM, Rallax said:

Are you sure?  I'm 37 and I've never seen a second of this show.  Seeing everyone get excited about this is beyond perplexing. 

LOL. I'm the same age and you're right. I remember feeling too old for the show back in the mid 90s. :P