lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

Sometimes there's only one. Actually, in most of the Japanese versions the pink one is the only female. Notice how only one is wearing a skirt?

Posted Image

Because in the original show, he's a guy.

Posted Image

I don't recall the yellow ranger wearing a skirt in the original and she was female.

I don't recall the yellow ranger wearing a skirt in the original and she was female.

He is talking about the original Japanese show, not the American semi-remake with the female Yellow Ranger. That character (Trini) was played by Thuy Trang, who unfortunately died in a car crash on September 3, 2001. :(

Posted Image

She was also in The Crow: City of Angels.

• Like 1

The original Power Rangers was pretty racist. The black ranger was a black guy and the yellow ranger was an asian chick :rofl: They eventually got rid of them and hired an asian guy to be the black ranger and a black chick to be the yellow ranger

Completely unintended. Apparently Walter Jones was originally going to be the Blue Ranger, and the original Trini wasn't Asian. Yes, Zack ended up being the Black Ranger and they recast the Yellow Ranger with an Asian, but the producers insist that they were not TRYING to make the Black Ranger African-American and the Yellow Ranger Asian.And as a kid, I NEVER put two and two together and realized that. Most other kids didn't either. That's just something jaded/cynical people like to bring up to sneer down their noses at the show. Power Rangers was goofy, it was stupid, but it was NOT racist.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Completely unintended. Apparently Walter Jones was originally going to be the Blue Ranger, and the original Trini wasn't Asian. Yes, Zack ended up being the Black Ranger and they recast the Yellow Ranger with an Asian, but the producers insist that they were not TRYING to make the Black Ranger African-American and the Yellow Ranger Asian.And as a kid, I NEVER put two and two together and realized that. Most other kids didn't either. That's just something jaded/cynical people like to bring up to sneer down their noses at the show.

Lol no kids would have noticed that but it's definitely not just a jaded/cynical thing. Like, c'mon! Having said that, Walter Jones and Thuy Trang made some kick-ass Black and Yellow Rangers respectively, and Blue perfectly suited David Yost.  

• Like 1

Agreed on all points.I grew up on this show, I had all the toys, I saw the movie on opening night, No idea what this reboot is going to be. I know we'd expect it to be based on the "classic" era, but who says that's actually what it's going to be?EDIT: I got off of my original intended reply. I'm not trying to blindly defend the show or anything with that "jaded/cynical" comment. My point was that the people behind the show have admitted it was unintentional, they've apologized, and Walter Jones has shown no resentment, so why do Internet people keep snarking about it?

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Agreed on all points.I grew up on this show, I had all the toys, I saw the movie on opening night. No idea what this reboot is going to be. I know we'd expect it to be based on the "classic" era, but who says that's actually what it's going to be?

Would it to be too much to ask for some character development? :P I mean, the MMPR stories are so simplistic, so why can't there be room for some interesting character and relationship building at the least?

Would it to be too much to ask for some character development? :P I mean, the MMPR stories are so simplistic, so why can't there be room for some interesting character and relationship building at the least?

PR only got better once Tommy joined the show. He was a true definition of a breakout character. :)

So will this movie just be a remake of the Green Ranger five parter? That is the only thing I still remember about the show. :ph34r:

Unless they want do a very long movie then I think the Green Ranger should be save for a second movie. If the first movie does well then I can see them doing a few sequels. Lord Zedd is too awesome to skip out on.