A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

"A source close to the matter also says that following Alonso’s remarks at the 2022 GLAAD awards, in which she called out then-CEO Bob Chapek by name for his reaction to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill, she was told she could no longer do press for Marvel projects."

That last line doesn´t add up as she has done press for Marvel projects since that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Deadline has been told that despite her affable demeanor to the press, Alonso was sometimes challenging to work with at the House of Mouse.

The punishing schedule aside, one insider cited how Alonso would take days off to conduct her own personal business affairs (read, producing the Argentina 1985 Oscar nominated film), and this ultimately resulted to some degree in a logjam of Marvel films and TV series in the post-production pipeline causing major theatrical release date dealys.

Oh man... 

People are comparing the Alonso thing to the Scarjo situation and I don't think that's an accurate comparison. The latter was Chapek not knowing how to make talent happy. This feels like a confluence of bigger professional issues.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

See what happens, seems out of character and would be exceptionally stupid for him to do this at this point. Could be another Michael Irvin style set up. 

6 minutes ago, excel1 said:

See what happens, seems out of character and would be exceptionally stupid for him to do this at this point. Could be another Michael Irvin style set up. 

Bro you literally don't know anything about the guy. How can you know what is out of character for him?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Bro you literally don't know anything about the guy. How can you know what is out of character for him?

Well, he read some viral Twitter story about him and then saw him for two minutes on the Kimmel show or something. That's how fans 'know' all these famous people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is something I have to remind myself of during these types of situations. I genuinely always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time I don't know what everyone's true colors are. All I'll say that if it's true that he did this shit then the dude is a moron and deserves what's coming to him. If he didn't do this then I hope he get exonerated and his reputation remains mostly intact. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Just quit while you’re ahead.

Edited by DAR