A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

This feels like "Conan taking over Leno" all over again. What on Earth. They just renewed Chapek's contract too. 

Assuming Chapek stepped down, and quite clearly they didn't have anyone ready to take over, so Iger is back? Did something terrible happen to Chapek's personal life? This is way out of left field. 

Edited by excel1

11 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Only thing I doubt is this is only 2 years, no one in the company I can think of that will be ready to be CEO. 

Iger had a few candidates suited to takeover ala Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs once upon a time. Where are they at? Peter Rice another name.

Worth nothing - @excel1 would be a great candidate too and would open to discussing the job. 

Edited by excel1

3 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

I can't wait for the next DisneyWar book. You know some dirty laundry's going to come out after all this 5 years from now.

Moment ScarJo sued, it was obvious where this would end. Chapek was Eisner-esque cheap

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

This is going to sound rough. But Chapek's vibe and presentation definitely hurt him. He comes off too cold and calculating compared to family friendly warm Bob. Even Eisner used to the do the Disney movie intros, so kids liked him! Chapek seems like a highly effective executive who is better at getting results than being the face of something, which is required of these types of things. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

I can't wait for the next DisneyWar book. You know some dirty laundry's going to come out after all this 5 years from now.

I'm guessing Chapek never felt fully in charge since Iger never left the Disney premises. Like he was being second guessed by the previous CEO. 

Also felt like the board never liked Chapek much.