A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

Smashed earnings., D+ at 152m subs. Added 14.4m subs. Street expected 10m, I was expecting around 12. 

also looks like the 7.99 will become the ad supported price, 10.99 the ad free price Starting in December.  Imagine a bundle price increase is coming. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

also looks like the 7.99 will become the ad supported price, 10.99 the ad free price Starting in December.  Imagine a bundle price increase is coming. 

Really tempted to drop the Plus now lol.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:51 AM, CoolioD1 said:

for the lucasfilm presentation do we think they'll just talk about the shows or will they announce another movie that won't get made?

I know people here like to joke about Star Wars movies not coming (which is understandable)but I'll say this. At SW Celebration, they went all out on streaming. 

We won't get a SW movie in 2023. Period. 

If they don't schedule something for October 2024 or August 2024 or maybe July 2024, we won't get a Star Wars movie until December 2025.

Still. I predict right here and now that at D23 we will get BIG Star Wars theatrical updates. BIG updates. If not a whole ass trilogy or even a roadmap, at least confirm 2 movies. 

I want to remember everyone of this interview of Kennedy in May 2022 about the future of movies. 

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/star-wars-rogue-squadron-movie-on-hold-pushed-side-lucasfilm-kathleen-kennedy-patty-jenkins/

Call it bs if you want. But I think we will hear at D23 what are the next 2 Star Wars movies at least. 

If not? 

I'll fucking riot. 

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Maybe they announce the director of the Feige film.

Feige sounds like he's going to be busier than ever for Marvel so I don't think this will be any time soon either. It seems like he tried taking a step back in Phase 4 and look how that turned out. 

Patty's Rogue Squadron seems to be DOA. We haven't even heard much about Wonder Woman 3 and she already dropped Cleopatra so idk what's going on with her. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Good. SW needs to get away from X Wings,etc iconography that overstayed its welcome, not churn out more of that shit.

I would agree but you know when SW is going through a post-PR disaster (prequels, sequels, etc), they usually try to revert back to the most familiar thing possible. X-Wings would probably be the surefire method to get fanboys back on board lol. I do NOT think the first movie back will be something totally unfamilar or new, no matter what Taika Waititi says.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Good. SW needs to get away from X Wings,etc iconography that overstayed its welcome, not churn out more of that shit.

After Last Jedi, Star Wars is nothing but fan service over all the iconography that makes all the Gen Xer manbabies go "OMG my childhood". Pretty much all the Star Wars shows were designed to push as much awkward fan service and cameos and legacy characters, even when they are supremely unneeded, because they're too piss scared the manbabies will have a fit again. And although even the manbabies are sick of this pandering, it's clear to me Lucasfilm will refuse to do anything unique and fun with the franchise anymore, but just do the same legacy hits until oblivion, with even the same actors (That Carrie Fisher deepfake will return and it will be awful).

The second creepy-ass deepfake Luke Skywalker arrived in Mandalorian, looking as artificial and lifeless as the action figures people used to play with, and all the fanboys were like "OMG THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANTED. FINALLY LUKE SKYWALKER IS EXACTLY LIKE HE USED TO BE UwU", I knew this franchise was screwed forever. Very sad, but oh well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric the Extra-Terrestrial said:

After Last Jedi, Star Wars is nothing but fan service over all the iconography that makes all the Gen Xer manbabies go "OMG my childhood". Pretty much all the Star Wars shows were designed to push as much awkward fan service and cameos and legacy characters, even when they are supremely unneeded, because they're too piss scared the manbabies will have a fit again. And although even the manbabies are sick of this pandering, it's clear to me Lucasfilm will refuse to do anything unique and fun with the franchise anymore, but just do the same legacy hits until oblivion, with even the same actors (That Carrie Fisher deepfake will return and it will be awful).

The second creepy-ass deepfake Luke Skywalker arrived in Mandalorian, looking as artificial and lifeless as the action figures people used to play with, and all the fanboys were like "OMG THIS IS EVERYTHING I WANTED. FINALLY LUKE SKYWALKER IS EXACTLY LIKE HE USED TO BE UwU", I knew this franchise was screwed forever. Very sad, but oh well.

Very true! Also, glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that Deepfake Luke didn't feel like Luke. Lifeless and speaking like a generic Jedi Playstation, he was terrible. yet here we are. "I had tears in my eyes!" said the average Fandom Menacer. Oh well. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not even sure how serious Lucasfilm is about any of the Star Wars films that are supposed to be in development. Between Rogue Squadron, the Taika Waititi film and the Kevin Feige film, I don’t see any of them getting made. 

More likely than not, they will wait a few more years and just do a straight sequel trilogy to the sequel trilogy (with all the fanbase catering bells and whistles all over again) vs any of these one off movies actually happening. SW isn't really a Marvel where you can have that many things going cause they're all going to feel the same anyways.

Maybe they should just wait until someone pitches a good idea or turns in a script that has potential instead of going after trendy people and telling them to write something for you. 

39 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

More likely than not, they will wait a few more years and just do a straight sequel trilogy to the sequel trilogy (with all the fanbase catering bells and whistles all over again)

This. Sequel trilogy to the sequel trilogy is gonna happen whether they make a non-trilogy movie before or not. Lucasfilm has proven they cannot move out of the comfort zone and familiar playground so that's set in stone. However, they'll have to think of a bait other than nostalgia cause there isn't much of it for ST characters and fans were burned once already with OT characters return (to die). 

• Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

This. Sequel trilogy to the sequel trilogy is gonna happen whether they make a non-trilogy movie before or not. Lucasfilm has proven they cannot move out of the comfort zone and familiar playground so that's set in stone. However, they'll have to think of a bait other than nostalgia cause there isn't much of it for ST characters and fans were burned once already with OT characters return (to die). 

Yeah, ST characters coming back would be a big who cares to most people, maybe baby yoda could show up? He's literally the only iconic character from the Disney era thus far lmao.  I think it'll mostly be iconography based stuff though to lure people back.