A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

wont matter about taxes. Hawaii is expensive too but my kids college is already covered cost wise. Just focusing now on room and board and she’s 7 so all will be covered.

all expenses will be gone so not really worried about income. Wife will still make a shitload in Canada or Hawaii. Going down from 300 to 250 or 225 doesn’t really matter.

goes to show you no matter how much you make America still is crap. Not even top 25

lived I England for 3 years. Much better than this festering turd

Funny thing is right now a lot of people are moving to America from Canada right now as wages and cost of living is so bad in Canada rn. I have a friends who moved and economically they are living the life (I was stuck here as a loner in doors for months and he was having pool parties in Miami)

Last stats I see was 45k Canadians moved to America and only like a few thousand moved here.

As I said grass is always greener on the other side.

Edited by Torontofan

6 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

No news on Star Wars movies. God. So disappointing. 

AM I really going to only have Star Wars content in my shitty couch until 2025?

Blame JayJay the Jet Plane for poisoning the well this much. It's so toxic the franchise had to retreat to TV afterwards. If a Star Wars movie actually makes it to the finish line this decade I'll be pleasantly surprised.

For now, it's nice and cozy at Disney+. The Mandalorian united the fanbase for honestly the first time in years. Even more than any of the movies after the original trilogy. If I were Taika I'd jump ship before long. Your movie simply isn't happening bud.

14 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

No news on Star Wars movies. God. So disappointing. 

AM I really going to only have Star Wars content in my shitty couch until 2025?

Star Wars reduced to content feeder for Streaming  service. The Solo movie changed everything. Taika will make Akira before he makes another development hell Star Wars film

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 7:35 AM, Hades said:

Star Wars reduced to content feeder for Streaming  service. The Solo movie changed everything. Taika will make Akira before he makes another development hell Star Wars film

Is there any franchise you don't hate?

I think you are doing shtick, frankly. 

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Is there any franchise you don't hate?

I think you are doing shtick, frankly. 

He's named Hades for a reason. 😅  Anyway, at least he's slightly more charming than CruelSummer.  

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

He's named Hades for a reason. 😅  Anyway, at least he's slightly more charming than CruelSummer.  

I disagree, he is not witty or clever enought to make the 'I hate everything" shtick come off.

D23 Expo schedule for September:

JUST ANNOUNCED: The Biggest Presentations at D23 Expo 2022 - D23

Friday the 9th: Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, first look at Disney-branded (live-action, Animation Studios, Pixar) movies coming to theaters and D+

Saturday the 10th: Marvel + Lucasfilm projects, Disney-branded streaming and television projects

Sunday the 11th: theme parks stuff

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

D23 Expo schedule for September:

JUST ANNOUNCED: The Biggest Presentations at D23 Expo 2022 - D23

Friday the 9th: Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, first look at Disney-branded (live-action, Animation Studios, Pixar) movies coming to theaters and D+

Saturday the 10th: Marvel + Lucasfilm projects, Disney-branded streaming and television projects

Sunday the 11th: theme parks stuff

"Disney100 kicks off at D23 Expo on Friday, September 9, at 10:30 a.m. with an epic presentation that includes the Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, featuring Disney CEO Bob Chapek."

This fool's gonna be booed to death and it'll be hilarious lmao. Can't wait to see him surrounded by like 10 bodyguards when he steps up to the podium.

• Like 1

The speculation about Chapek’s future was strong enough to prompt Susan Arnold, chairman of Disney’s board of directors, to issue a vocal statement of support for Chapek amid the shakeup involving Rice and Walden.

“The strength of The Walt Disney Company’s businesses coming out of the pandemic is a testament to Bob’s leadership and vision for the company’s future. In this important time of business growth and transformation, we are committed to keeping Disney on the successful path it is on today, and Bob and his leadership team have the support and confidence of the Board,” Arnold said.

Sources close to the situation said the decision came down Wednesday from Chapek and caught virtually everyone on the Burbank lot by surprise. Multiple sources say the decision was entirely business and strategy-related and had nothing to do with any personal behavior on Rice’s part.

“This is all business,” said a source familiar with the situation. “Peter was blindsided.”

"Come for the king, best not miss."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

"Come for the king, best not miss."

Rice will obviously land a very nice job elsewhere, not sure why anyone would want to lead Disney over the next few years.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

My man Chapek uncovered this man's plot to replace him and him fired. He's a true supervillain

More whispering:

LOOOOOOOOOL

I get that Rice came along from Fox, but this is just hilarious.  Not "the right cultural fit" is just lol-worthy.  Given its insular nature this really isn't a surprise, but in the context of the FL debacle, what a tone deaf statement.

Still, Disney looooooves to promote from within with lifers/long termers (from what I understand at least - see the lingering fallout from the Eisner years).

Also a sign that Chapek ain't going anywhere, at least in the short term.

Curious to get @EmpireCity's thoughts on this stunning move and how it's playing outside of the House of Mouse.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

More whispering:

LOOOOOOOOOL

I get that Rice came along from Fox, but this is just hilarious.  Not "the right cultural fit" is just lol-worthy.  Given its insular nature this really isn't a surprise, but in the context of the FL debacle, what a tone deaf statement.

Still, Disney looooooves to promote from within with lifers/long termers (from what I understand at least - see the lingering fallout from the Eisner years).

Also a sign that Chapek ain't going anywhere, at least in the short term.

Curious to get @EmpireCity's thoughts on this stunning move and how it's playing outside of the House of Mouse.

Chapek should be fine provided there isn't another major snafu like in March and April.