A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

8 hours ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Updated film slate. Confirms the February 24' MCU film is still on the schedule despite being skipped over at SDCC. Rogue Squadron is still on the calendar for next year and the 2025/2027 SW films are still there. Now, to guess what the 7 untitled MCU films are....

Feb 24' - Deadpool 3 
Feb 25' - Eternals 2 (sequel or derivative) 

July 25' - Mutants 

Feb 26' - Nova / Adam Warlock 
May 26' - Doctor Strange 3 

July 26' - Young Avengers 

Nov 26' - Shang Chi 2

Feb 24 - Deadpool 3 100%

Feb 25 - 

July 25 - 

These 2 2025 dates are almost impossible to predict. 

I don't see any Mutants. I will definitely go 2026 for that. 

Nova was rumored to be a series. 

I wonder, why would a Eternals project release in 2025? Maybe to give them attention? 

Could that trademark title "Celestials: End of Time" be it? Would they have anything to do with Secret Wars tho? Celestials seem like something for the next Phase or Saga. 

Doctor Strange 3 would make sense in 2025 because of the incursions. One of the 2. We either get the 3rd one in Feb 25 or July 25, or we will pick up with Strange and Clea on Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars. 

Shang-Chi 2 is definitely 2026 I think. 

Yo. I just realized the Untitled Disney Live-action on August 11th 2023. 2 weeks after The Marvels. In The Marvels 3rd weekend. 

I don't see that happening. Seems dumb. I would definitely delay it 1 week. To August 18th. Give your Marvel movie 3 weekends for itself.

Bruh

Edited by p a p i

Rumors popping up that Elon Musk wants to buy Disney.

I won't go into the complex details, but Muck being  able to do that is highly, highly, unlikely. IMHO it might just be Musk trying to get into the limelight again.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:37 AM, Ecks Ecks Are said:

What’re your predictions for the other dates?

Awww dude I have no idea. That's a good question and things are bound to change, even internally (as we have seen before with Marvel. For example Inhumans movie). I try not to guess these things but here we go..

Though I don't agree with it Eternals 2 (unfortunately) and Strange 3 are good guesses. Marvel has generally been doing sequels on 4-5+ year gaps, if they do them. So 2025 and 2026 for those two projects are somewhat reasonable. I'll just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks

Deadpool Kills the Fox Universe in Feb 24.

Hulk (TIH 2 or WWH). I'm 99% sure production rights to solo Hulk movies return to Marvel June '23 and people want to see Hulk as a monster and smashing stuff.

Midnight Suns maybe? Feige mentioned they are building a supernatural side, though I guess it doesn't fit in the timeline, but I could see it happening. They need to introduce quite some characters first so maybe not. Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf, Elsa, Selene, etc still need to be introduced.

Heroes 4 Hire? Feige mentioned the street level side, so this makes sense. Daredevil is being set up, Spidey, JJ, LC, Iron Fist, Punisher are all rumored to be making an appearance soon. You also have She-Hulk there. Same issue as above though. Lots of characters need to be introduced.

Mutants only in 26 at the earliest if the rumors are to be believed, but maybe a new team and not the X-Men. Maybe Alpha Flight, X-Factor, X-Force, etc. I can actually see a solo Wolverine movie or a solo Scarlett Witch movie (since it's looking more and more likely she'll be a mutant and it's an easy way to introduce Magneto - especially true if they plan to bring back Fassbender for the role which is what I'm hoping - and bring back Quicksilver).

I can see a Doom movie seeing as we have seen some major success for villains/anti hero movies. Or maybe that's me wishing. 

And though this is not part of the slate, Spidey 4 is likely for 25/26.

I can see Deathlok making an appearance, but not in a movie, most likely in Armor Wars or something.

Honestly though I have no clue on any of this stuff.

On 7/28/2022 at 5:22 PM, dudalb said:

Rumors popping up that Elon Musk wants to buy Disney.

I won't go into the complex details, but Muck being  able to do that is highly, highly, unlikely. IMHO it might just be Musk trying to get into the limelight again.

After the Twitter debacle, I don't see Disney wanting to remotely talk to Elon over such matters.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 6:45 PM, CloneWars said:

After the Twitter debacle, I don't see Disney wanting to remotely talk to Elon over such matters.

And companies that are doing well are NOT good candiates for hostile takeovers.

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Full D23 schedule posted:

Looks like the major panel on Saturday (Marvel, Star Wars and 20th Century) could be 3-4 hours long. It all starts at 10AM and the next event in that space isn’t until 330PM.

I imagine the 20th Century panel is going to be entirely about Avatar since it's the only release on deck from both that label or the Searchlight one that fits in with the Disney brand. Maybe they'll be officially announcing the Planet of the Apes movie from the Maze Runner director.

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

for the lucasfilm presentation do we think they'll just talk about the shows or will they announce another movie that won't get made?

If there's a SW movie coming in December 23', they'll talk about it. If not, it'll probably just be a thing of "Taika Waititi is hard at work on his script blah blah blah..."

14 hours ago, David Zaslav XXR said:

If there's a SW movie coming in December 23', they'll talk about it. If not, it'll probably just be a thing of "Taika Waititi is hard at work on his script blah blah blah..."

He won't even be in the country at that time so there's no way his movie makes an appearance or gets any announcement I think. 

15 hours ago, David Zaslav XXR said:

If Star Wars was going to be released on December 2023, they would have started filming or even finished filming it by now.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

I Imagine a fairly boring one in terms of movie/TV announcements as those will be saved for D23 at this point. It might be interesting if the earnings are though and we shall hear how the loss of IPL rights impact their streaming goals. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Potiki said:

I Imagine a fairly boring one in terms of movie/TV announcements as those will be saved for D23 at this point. It might be interesting if the earnings are though and we shall hear how the loss of IPL rights impact their streaming goals. 

With how much Hulu has been talked about in terms of what’s going to happen to it (people have to be brain dead to think it’s going to just disappear), they might address that. Content wise these calls never amount to much as that’s not their purpose. At most, increased investment into the content might be talked about. 

• Like 1