CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Jaws works because everything else was top notch - actors, characters, dialogue, plotting, humor, building dread and tension etc.

Almost all of that was absent in Godzilla 2014 which is why waiting for him to sporadically show up is a chore.

Not showing the shark all the time is part of building that dread and tension tho, it's one of the reasons it works so well. Do you think the movie would have been as effective if they had shown it from the get-go or at every attack? I don't.

• Like 5

Nolan is not the worst thing that ever happened to DC, I take that back.

It s the worst thing that ever happened to Warner, period.

I can already see the producers' round table for each of these movies :

So What Would Nolan do ?

42 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Aside from being perhaps too much of a cock tease at times, Godzilla 14 is fine. 

Plus, they're going to up the monster action in the sequel so for those clamoring that there wasn't enough Godzilla in the first film, will likely get their giant monster fill in the sequel.

How much of the OW audience from the first film will show up for the sequel though? It frustrated a lot of people.

11 minutes ago, 75live said:

Pretty good trailer.  If this is even half as good as Godzilla then I am good to go :) 

If this is as half as good as Godzilla you probably won't ever see Kong on screen at all. 

• Like 2

Entertainment Weekly spoke with director Jordan Vogt-Roberts and the cast about the movie. They discuss some of the story's background and explain what they hope to convey through this film.

Also, Vogt-Roberts wants to follow in Edwards's footsteps by making Kong look like a god.