CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

14 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The only thing that pisses me off a bit is that there are like 20 men and one woman.

I thought we were making progress beyond this.

Smurfette complex I think it's called. 

So what? The film could star 20 transexual Eskimos for all i care, just give me Kong

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎03 at 9:46 PM, The Futurist said:

Sweet Yeezus : :jeb!:

Kong_5_ZZIJ.jpg

brie-larson-tom-hiddleston-samuel-l-jack

GettyImages-646312158.jpg

Absolutely nothing remarkable about her appearance (unless you've never met/witnessed a white woman in your life) she has that basic plain jane soccer-mom features and she looks like she's in her mid 30's.

This girl should be getting ALL THE SHINE (mind you, she's in the same movie but is getting ZERO press, which is a shame because she's FAR superior to Basic Larsen).

3_ejye.jpg?width=500459000010.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Absolutely nothing remarkable about her appearance (unless you've never met/witnessed a white woman in your life) she has that basic plain jane soccer-mom features and she looks like she's in her mid 30's.

This girl should be getting ALL THE SHINE (mind you, she's in the same movie but is getting ZERO press, which is a shame because she's FAR superior to Basic Larsen).

This idea could be a bit wild so don't mind me, but fans and the press could acknowledge them both. John Goodman, Samuel L Jackson and Tom Hiddleston have been getting heaps of press (without anyone criticising their looks in favour of another) and while they are obviously bigger names, Brie Larson is an Academy Award winning actress so it should be a given that she's a large part of the hype for this movie. There should be plenty of room to acknowledge both her and what could be a significant role for Jing Tian

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, blurredbynes said:

This idea could be a bit wild so don't mind me, but fans and the press could acknowledge them both. John Goodman, Samuel L Jackson and Tom Hiddleston have been getting heaps of press (without anyone criticising their looks in favour of another) and while they are obviously bigger names, Brie Larson is an Academy Award winning actress so it should be a given that she's a large part of the hype for this movie. There should be plenty of room to acknowledge both her and what could be a significant role for Jing Tian

You're new here so I'll clear it up: YOU MUST CHOOSE A SIDE. And once you do, never back down, despite the evidence to the contrary. And if you see MrPink around mind your Nolan manners.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blurredbynes said:

I see no point in acknowledging or praising mediocrity and overrated-ness (both in terms of looks and "talent"). This same argument applies to Tom too.

On 3/4/2017 at 6:33 AM, somebody85 said:

The third act/finale and the raptors. Kept crowds coming back. 

I'm lowering my expectations for this but I'm used to these types of movies not having the deepest characters. Before JW became a punching bag for the internet, many loved it and the dialogue is completely awful there at times too (which this is getting criticized for). You could even hear it from the trailers via Pratts lines.

It does suck if they blew such an all star cast with unmemorable characters but if this is as fun as that, I'll enjoy it. 

There is no "completely awful" dialogue in JW. You're confusing basic or phoned in with awful. You want completely awful dialogue? Turn on SyFy.

4 hours ago, davincicode1 said:

Well, i disagree.

13 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

so this movie is decent? godzilla got decent reviews too, but was meh, we'll see

Godzilla gave action lovers blue balls and mostly bland characters with little personality (save for Dr. Serizawa and Joe Brody). Kong: Skull Island appears to be its tonal opposite by embracing the action. Character development is said to be non-existent, however.