CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

13 hours ago, a2knet said:

What's the global dume looking like? Thinking,

165 dom + 150 current os + 85 current os markets + 105 China + 20 Japan = 525 ww

(Depending on China it has a shot at 550. It could extract a few more than 85 from current os markets and go over 165 dom too.)

I'm not betting on that. Its OS legs seem worse than Godzilla's. We'll have to see how things pan out during the weekend.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neilio said:

Seems like a pretty decent haul. This could make the movie profitable before homevideo right? 

Usually go with around 53-55% domestic, 40% foreign, 25% from China.

165*0.55 + 255* 0.4 + 105 * .25 = 219 million in rental approximately, if the rumors of a 185 million budget are true if does not have a chance, world P&A must be above 120 million, probably around 130 to 160 million, overhead of around 15-18 million, Sam Jackson and other are starting to getting bonus too by now.

It must be getting above a total negative cost of 325 million already, more than 100 millions still in the red.

Excellent performance, will end up one of the most profitable movie of 2017, movie just don't achieve that really often.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

165*0.55 + 255* 0.4 + 105 * .25 = 219 million in rental approximately, if the rumors of a 185 million budget are true if does not have a chance, world P&A must be above 120 million, probably around 130 to 160 million, overhead of around 15-18 million, Sam Jackson and other are starting to getting bonus too by now.

It must be getting above a total negative cost of 325 million already, more than 100 millions still in the red.

Excellent performance, will end up one of the most profitable movie of 2017, movie just don't achieve that really often.

Kinda confused here...your post up until the very last statement seems to imply that even at a $500m+ gross Kong still has a long way to go before being profitable due to the budget + P&A? 

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

I agree. China looks more like 140-150 mill though

7 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

Kinda confused here...your post up until the very last statement seems to imply that even at a $500m+ gross Kong still has a long way to go before being profitable due to the budget + P&A? 

Wep, my last statement do not change that, the best performing movie usually still have some way to go before being profitable after the theatrical market, usually most of the movie revenue come after and theatrical is the most costly window be far, it is just normal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fmpro said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $133,502,238    34.0%
Foreign:  $258,600,000    66.0%

Worldwide:

$392,102,238

Thought OS would have been higher with China's 72 mill. Something seems off

BOM added Fridays China number and some other territories on Friday(us time) for some reason.

It's a great number for Kong. Will easily pass 500m WW.

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Who would have thought GET OUT would make more money than KONG in the US so far?  (Forgive me if I'm the 20th person to say this.)

I fail to see any legit point of comparison between the two.

Don't know much about Get Out either. But what I heard sounded bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

500 mill should be no problem. US,Japan and China will gross 125 mill+ more alone

Hey Fmpro buddy.. how much has Kong reached now. Loved it may watch 3d version.   Godzilla still my favorite though. Hopefully we've come a step closer to getting a big budget Rodan film in this monster universe.??

Kong getting sequels looks assured.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Hey Fmpro buddy.. how much has Kong reached now. Loved it may watch 3d version.   Godzilla still my favorite though. Hopefully we've come a step closer to getting a big budget Rodan film in this monster universe.??

Kong getting sequels looks assured.

Hi Kal El :). Good to hear from you

Just under 400 mill WW on the way to 550 mill~ish WW

Good enough for a sequel