CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

King Kong is the best film of 2005. I love the setting of 1930s New York.

The last act in New York is absolutely wonderful yeah.

How did they bring back Kong from his Island ?

Sedatives ?

He s big.

You would need a big ass needle.

:wacko:  :ph34r:

Edited by The Futurist

Here

But the end result is less than the sum total of their efforts. ;)

Problem with Jackson's Kong is there is a fun two hour adventure movie lost in three hours of bloat. The first hour of the film is often painful to watch. In the 1933 original ,it took them 15 minutes to get from New York to Skull Island. Too Jackson an hour of boring scenes.

I was a huge Jackson fan until King Kong. After Kong I thought "God,he has the everything has to be three hours disease and he is sacrificng pace and storytelling to huge productin values. LOTE sucess has gone to his head".

And it got worse with The Hobbit trilogy.

• Like 1

The Brachiosaurus stampede down the mountain feels like the scene goes on for 30 minutes...way too bloated of a movie. Also the CGI is very poor. 

PJ was getting warmed up for what he would give us in the Hobbit movies.......

I was a Jackson Fanboy after LOTR, but I jumped off that bandwagon after Kong and am very glad I did considerint the films he has done since,none of which have come anywhere near the quality of LOTR..

Edited by dudalb

PJ's descent into bloatness is fascinating. The guy doesn't know how to trim and pace a movie anymore. He got to shoehorn and bloat the screen with the most utterly frivolous and self-indulgent stuff because padding irrelevant material to the actual core story is his idea of "epicness". And yet his movies now feel artificial and superficial to the brim despite being overstuffed.

• Like 1

PJ was getting warmed up for what he would give us in the Hobbit movies.......

I was a Jackson Fanboy after LOTR, but I jumped off that bandwagon after Kong and am very glad I did considerint the films he has done since,none of which have come anywhere near the quality of LOTR..

You can edit the bloat out of King Kong's first hour pretty easily and you probably wouldn't notice the film was chopped down.  The Hobbit movies, yeah... 3 movies out of a small and light book was ridiculous.  Yeah, they are just utterly stretched among other problems.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1