baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Funny how everyone seems to crap on Spidey now because he is not the shiny new toy anymore, although back when Raimi opened part 2, people couldn't get enough of all things web slinger. I can totally see a couple of years down the road, when something new comes along, and MCU films have lost their luster and novelty, and people start gloating about every film —even non-comic-book movies—beating the latest MCU blockbuster.

• Astonished 1

Funny how everyone seems to crap on Spidey now because he is not the shiny new toy anymore, although back when Raimi opened part 2, people couldn't get enough of all things web slinger. I can totally see a couple of years down the road, when something new comes along, and MCU films have lost their luster and novelty, and people start gloating about every film —even non-comic-book movies—beating the latest MCU blockbuster.

TASM was never going to be that shiny "new" toy, because rather than updating it, Sony instead took a Classic childhood toy you loved growing up, and raped it! Sony basically said the spidey you knew growing up wasn't real! Instead, here's the real more twilight version with more hair, now buy it dammit! Edited by Star-Lord

But Spider-man 2 was a good movie.....that's why we were all over it.

Posted Image

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 11

TASM was never going to be that shiny "new" toy, because rather than updating it, Sony instead took a Classic childhood toy you loved growing up, and raped it!

No, there was no rape involved.

• Like 5

TASM was never going to be that shiny "new" toy, because rather than updating it, Sony instead took a Classic childhood toy you loved growing up, and raped it! Sony basically said the spidey you knew growing up wasn't real! Instead, here's the real more twilight version with more hair, now buy it dammit!

Lol, be aware of using the word rape with TASM because people are really sensitive her about "rape" . I did it before you and an entire discussion started were I was almost accused as a rapist or something .
  • Like 1

TAS2 was my 3rd favorite Spider-Man film, however I do think it is The Dark Knight of this Spider-man franchise and that Mark Webb did a really good job and borrowed from Nolan's energy to really put out a full effort from beginning to end.

Funny how everyone seems to crap on Spidey now because he is not the shiny new toy anymore, although back when Raimi opened part 2, people couldn't get enough of all things web slinger.

It's because TASM 2 is crap whereas SM 2 is still one of the best comic book movie.

• Like 2

The quality of the films is beside the point. We all know that a couple of the MCU films that have come along are crap, but people are still behind them because they are still the cool new kids in school. That's human nature...we love shiny new toys and we gravitate towards what everyone likes. At some point, MCU films will lose their cool cachet, and we'll all start rooting for the latest blockbuster-of-the-week to outgross the latest MCU movie.

TASM was never going to be that shiny "new" toy, because rather than updating it, Sony instead took a Classic childhood toy you loved growing up, and raped it! Sony basically said the spidey you knew growing up wasn't real! Instead, here's the real more twilight version with more hair, now buy it dammit!

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14517-the-rape-culture-of-online-geek-oriented-male-dominated-forums/page-24

How I see Friday's estimates:

The good news: TASM 2 got crushed and fell more than 50%; Cap 2 fell just 30% and will eventually surpass the LEGO Movie to become the highest-grossing film of 2014 in North America (whether it will stay there until Mockingjay - Part 1 arrives is an intriguing question)

The meh news: the latest Godzilla movie, which is proof that Hollywood has run out of good ideas and plot devices, exploded with what could possibly be the biggest single day for the year (beating Cap 2's $36.9M). The B+ CinemaScore indicates it won't have as big a multiplier as expected.

The bad news: Million Dollar Arm flopped with probably less than $13M for the weekend, although what really matters is how well it holds from now on.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/box-office-godzilla-crushes-it-90m/

Lol, be aware of using the word rape with TASM because people are really sensitive her about "rape" . I did it before you and an entire discussion started were I was almost accused as a rapist or something .

It has nothing to do with being "sensitive." It also has nothing to do with TASM. It has a lot to do with men who use words incorrectly because they think it's edgy or gives what their writing more gravitas. It doesn't. It just shows them to be immature morons.Here's a suggestion: go learn what rape really is. And then every time you're about to write the word "rape" down pause a moment and think really hard on whether what you're talking about is really rape. The vast majority of the time it won't be. You'll see two immediate benefits. First, your writing will improve almost overnight. Second, people won't think you're a clueless shitbag.(For fun, apply the same to all uses of "gay".) Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 7

I can't believe this is having the biggest OD of the year. Holy shit. This will go down as the biggest shock of 2014. Kal will talk about this forever. This is like BKB predicting The Avengers to do 600M DOM all over again  :unsure:

• Like 1