Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Not to mention, it's barely even evening on the East Coast. West Coast just finished lunch for Christs sake. 

I wouldn't consider it evening until near 8 PM EST this time of the year because of how late it stays light.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark

• Founder / Operator

Don't blame the messenger, guys. It's rather hypocritical to criticize BoxOffice for reporting what we're told, and then look past the even higher incorrect projections that others actually make based on the real data in front of them.

And by the way, that happened last week. With X-Men. And it wasn't BoxOffice.

• Like 11

Don't blame the messenger, guys. It's rather hypocritical to criticize BoxOffice for reporting what we're told, and then look past the even higher incorrect projections that others actually make based on the real data in front of them.

Oh Shawn. I admit we can get out of hand a bit. But I think Nikki, Deadline and Variety all get their share of grief as well. But we should show a little more restraint since Bo.com IS our host site, lol.

• Like 10

In this forum ya gotta give em the early numbers. when they get the early numbers, you get the power, then when you get the power, you get the likes.

On these boards, you're gonna find that if you stay loyal, you're gonna move up fast. And then you're biggest problem is gonna be what to do with all the f**king likes!

• Like 1

I kid, but I'm just happy you were on the job before those initial numbers got too far out there. Still, it seems DOFP is heading for a nice post Mem Wknd hold.

• Like 1

I definitely don't blame the messenger, but you know how this stuff works as well as anyone. I wouldn't report anything coming from the studio propaganda puppets on Friday afternoon. A lot of them are probably just trying to make their bosses happy before they go home Friday evening.

This is how stuff like Iron Man 2's opening letdown happens. $128m is a great opening, but it looked like a disaster after Paramount's stooges were telling anyone and everyone who would listen on Friday that it would possibly set a new weekend record at $160m.

• Like 4