Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

The biggest thing I'm hearing about both DOFP and Godzilla in my unscientific water cooler poll is that there is too much talking and not enough action. 

Yeah, a little, or at least the characters people don't give a crap about are doing all of the talking. Also, I didn't want to say anything, but this little tidbit in DOFP got some people to leave the theater, and maybe they should just stick with fictional characters and leave real life ones out. The scene in which Magneto

is being blamed for JFK's death and that he was a mutant and all of that, some things you just don't touch.

• Like 1

Why don't you quote my whole post, because right now, you're acting like Rush Limbaugh.

Not really. You made an uncontroversial statement (ie Hunger Games will make a ton of money) and then bizarrely mentioned Hobbit 3 doing the same thing. There is zero chance in hell of it breaking any records.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Not really. You made an uncontroversial statement (ie Hunger Games will make a ton of money) and then bizarrely mentioned Hobbit 3 doing the same thing. There is zero chance in hell of it breaking any records.

There is a really good chance TBOTFA breaks the December OW record and holds it till SW7 knocks it off.

• Like 1

Yeah, a little, or at least the characters people don't give a crap about are doing all of the talking. Also, I didn't want to say anything, but this little tidbit in DOFP got some people to leave the theater, and maybe they should just stick with fictional characters and leave real life ones out. The scene in which Magneto

is being blamed for JFK's death and that he was a mutant and all of that, some things you just don't touch.

Oh, give me a break...That's plain stupid, leaving the theater for something like that. This is the kind of medium, and the genre where you DO stuff like that, because it's interesting. You have the opportunity to come up with this kind of stuff - it doesn't always work, but here it does.

• Like 1

Oh, give me a break...That's plain stupid, leaving the theater for something like that. This is the kind of medium, and the genre where you DO stuff like that, because it's interesting. You have the opportunity to come up with this kind of stuff - it doesn't always work, but here it does.

I actually thought that was a nice touch for the film and fit really well.

• Like 1

Just want to say american beauty is a 3 feet pile of pig shit. Never understood the love this movie got. It's not enjoyable in anyway. It was on hbo last night.

It's that movie I first saw when I was 13 and I was all "whoa, this is SO deep." but watching it recently I realised... it's a 13 year old's idea of thought-provoking and nothing more. I still like it ok, Kevin Spacey's fun, but meh.

So no CATWS number huh? :(  I guess Disney is too busy with Maleficent...

Cap has gone above and beyond what he was meant to do...anything now is just a plus...still hoping for a July 4th re-release...

• Like 1

So the Godzilla fanatics are hoping DOFP drops 65%+?Makes sense. Godzilla has horrible drops because of the WOM. The movie was clearly received mixed by fans.It will barely hit 200M after a 98M opening. Ugh.

• Like 1

So the Godzilla fanatics are hoping DOFP drops 65%+?Makes sense. Godzilla has horrible drops because of the WOM. The movie was clearly received mixed by fans.It will barely hit 200M after a 98M opening. Ugh.

That moment when Man of Steel, of all movies, will end up with slightly better legs than Godzilla.