AniNate

Joy | David O. Russell | Christmas 2015 | New Trailer on Page 20!

Am I alone in thinking that jlaw is NOT the greatest actress in the world?

She has a very limited range

She can either deliver something stone cold and monotone or do that raspy ugly cry face thing she does whenever she has to be sad. 

I'm sorry but I don't see the award winning actress everyone else does.

4 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

She can either deliver something stone cold and monotone or do that raspy ugly cry face thing she does whenever she has to be sad. 

Greatest actress in the world, lol, isn't that Meryl Streep?

4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Now I don't know or care much about the Oscars, but with this one I think its more of a question of whether she'll win or not as opposed to if she gets nominated.

I doubt that. I think Larson has it in the bag based on her reception and since Blanchett and J Law already have their oscars. 

16 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I doubt that. I think Larson has it in the bag based on her reception and since Blanchett and J Law already have their oscars. 

Possibly, even if Jen's performance is the best of all the other competitors, its way too soon.  Nomination, wouldn't surprise me.  But winning, not really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

As much as it would thrill me to have Larson WIN already, I think the chances of Blanchett winning again is more. Think some voters may hesitate to give it to another mid-20's gorgeous blonde actress in a span of just four years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

I don't believe she is the greatest actress in the world... but she is 25  and in her age there isn't any other actor who has what she has.

She already had two big franchises, critical acclaimed roles and media love her as role model. 

Even X-men changed their story to give her character the leadership...it's obvious she is very very successful...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, movieboner said:

I saw the screening reactions on an IMDB page and they weren't great. It's out of the best picture race.

That's why you shouldn't go to IMDB. It's the worst place on internet. Especially the Movie Awards board with hordes of DOR and JLaw haters. Joy isn't out and Jennifer is almost a lock for nomination.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

Some people treat her as such....honestly I think she's an average actor at best.

In fact I actually thought she was the worst thing in american hustle and I didn't really like that movie to begin with.

She gets nominated for her personality

Or the Academy voters find her performance worthy for a nomination? Stop with this bullshit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, movieboner said:

I saw the screening reactions on an IMDB page and they weren't great. It's out of the best picture race.

There were like 5 reactions, and only one was negative, and the others loved it. Saying it's out of the race at this point is stupid.

And why even bother reading IMDb? Those message boards are toxic waste; just stay away.

Edited by elcuervo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Box Office Freak said:

tumblr_inline_nu5lbd9EoM1rdcjod_500.gif