Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It should. There is no reason it shouldn't. I'm thinking 44-46%.

Hopefully it can do low 40's. It needs to be in stabilizing mode now. Next weekend father's day should give it a nicely inflated weekend so hopefully it can get under 40%.

• Like 1

Aw come on. You know the real reason for your snarkiness is because this movie is competition for Angie. :lol:

Of course, but I really did read Looking for Alaska, and I really did think it was a massive turd.

See! Here's proof:

About a third of the way through Looking for Alaska by John Green. It's ok, author was recommended by a friend, an easy read but it's a bit juvenile and nothing has really happened yet. The reviews are all raves so I'm waiting for a big revelation in the second half.

Yeah so overall I'd say Looking for Alaska sucked.

• Like 1

The author is such shit... his first book was so bad. Maybe I should read Fault just to see if it's really that much better, but I can't take the melodramatic sap.

I've read first third and its awesome so far.
  • Like 2

While TFioS might be frontloaded, it should still get some pretty massive numbers. It could do something in the low 30s for Friday and get into the 60s for the weekend.

Order of magnitude difference, but Veronica Mars is a comparison point: dedicated fanbase excited for the film, special preview shows with high priced tickets.

Scratch what I said yesterday...there are actually eight movies he need to see on theaters this August ..Guardians of the Galaxy Get On UpTMNTInto the StormExpendables 3Let's Be CopsThe GiverSin City 2How am I going to do this??

Okay, so which of these are you guys going to see?

While TFioS might be frontloaded, it should still get some pretty massive numbers. It could do something in the low 30s for Friday and get into the 60s for the weekend.

Order of magnitude difference, but Veronica Mars is a comparison point: dedicated fanbase excited for the film, special preview shows with high priced tickets.

Nuh uh, no 60s for the weekend.  Edge of Tomorrow will be a decent option for date night / GA movie fans looking for escapism.  Maleficient will also steal some of Fault's audience.

Looking For Alaska is a great book, what the hell? Paper Towns is his best imo, An Abundance Of Katherines is very good too, Will Grayson, Will Grayson (written with David Levithan) is excellent too. 

Ugh no, it's just awful, juvenile, melodramatic, cliche, whiny shit. By the end I wished all the characters had been in the car with her.

That's actually a better number than I was expecting for EOT.

Looks like it has a chance for 30M this weekend afterall.

Huge number for FIOS, but obviously the midnight/weekend ratio will be far worse than for something like Divergent, thanks to the higher priced tickets and some schools being out.

What do you think, FIOS Thursday > FIOS Sunday?