CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

I guess all in all postponing this to Presidents' Day weekend 2020 was the RIGHT move for Paramount. It's doing better than I ever thought it could.

Well done to all involved. I don't really care all that much about Sonic but I still want to see this eventually for Jim Carrey alone.

• Like 1

Saw it today, as I had the day off. This beat the hell out of Birds of Prey, and I'm sure I would enjoy it more than any other February release this year.

Keep in mind, I was someone who initially wanted to see it 10 months ago because the design was so bad and wanted a laugh. I still got some laughs from this. It's worth at least one matinee viewing.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 11:21 PM, OdinSon2k14 said:

Doing great in the US, but those OS numbers are coming in weak...no China is gonna hurt too. It's looking to likely finish in the 300-350 range, putting it well behind Rampage. Was hoping it could topple Rampage, but it's not showing much OS draw. 

It’s still a hit though with just a $95M budget and a sequel is likely.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:21 AM, OdinSon2k14 said:

Doing great in the US, but those OS numbers are coming in weak...no China is gonna hurt too. It's looking to likely finish in the 300-350 range, putting it well behind Rampage. Was hoping it could topple Rampage, but it's not showing much OS draw. 

Charlie said that it could do $380M w/o China, so if it does close to $50M whenever it get released there, it will catch Rampage

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Sequel coming on April 8th , 2022

I think the sequel could get its own topic already, but I don't know if that's the case. Anyway, I loved the first movie and I can't wait for this one.

It's already On the Lot lol

• Thanks 1