Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

With the way HTTDY2 is opening, I think Disney may leave Finding Dory right where it is. HTTDY3 is not going to pose too much of a challenge. Finding Dory should deliver big time.

I think it'll deliver the same way Monsters University did.

If we are talking strictly studio directors, I'd probably agree. I still hope they'll soon start developing original projects of their own, they can't just deconstruct things forever. 

Yeah, I'm talking studio. I hope they go onto original projects soon too, even though I wouldn't mind a Clone High movie.

• Like 1

I'm not as much of an expert when it comes to box office as others here, so can someone explain why a big Sat increase (like nearly every animated film usually receives) for Dragon isn't in the cards? 

Aw, man, you're killing the 22 Jump Street 300M Dream!!

Woops, had the wrong sequel in my mind.

That being said, I don't see 22 Jump Street having a 5x multipler, a 4X multipler looks to be possible, though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I'm not as much of an expert when it comes to box office as others here, so can someone explain why a big Sat increase (like nearly every animated film usually receives) for Dragon isn't in the cards? 

It's summer and kids are out of school. Summer animated releases never have big increases on Saturday.

Most bizarre thing happened in front of the theater. Two random guys approach with a camera and ask for questions for a project. I say whatever. They ask if I'm a virgin, ask if Asian vaginas are sideways, say I look like a virgin, and then ask what movie I'm seeing. I lie and say 22 Jump St to which they spoil the ending even though I saw it yesterday.I proobably should have punched them

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

#Maleficent breaks $150M domestic FRI, only 2nd live action film from Jolie to do that after Mr&MrsSmith 9 yrs ago.— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya) June 14, 2014

And will be her first 200 million dollar grosser, making her the second woman ever to have a 200 million dollar hit with her name above the title (after Sandra Bullock). Of course, if we adjusted for inflation, Barbra Streisand and Julia Roberts would destroy them both.

Most bizarre thing happened in front of the theater. Two random guys approach with a camera and ask for questions for a project. I say whatever. They ask if I'm a virgin, ask if Asian vaginas are sideways, say I look like a virgin, and then ask what movie I'm seeing. I lie and say 22 Jump St to which they spoil the ending even though I saw it yesterday.I proobably should have punched them

What the fuck?

Most bizarre thing happened in front of the theater. Two random guys approach with a camera and ask for questions for a project. I say whatever. They ask if I'm a virgin, ask if Asian vaginas are sideways, say I look like a virgin, and then ask what movie I'm seeing. I lie and say 22 Jump St to which they spoil the ending even though I saw it yesterday.

I proobably should have punched them

Posted Image

• Like 3

I just looked at the first Friday for Lego Movie and it only made about 17.5 on Friday, but a powerhouse Saturday allowed it to finish the weekend in the upper 60s.  Why can't Dragon have a huge Saturday and hit 60 million?  Why does Deadline have this finishing around 55 or so?  Maleficient's audience is too much competition? 

Edited by Ando81

Woops, had the wrong sequel in my mind.

That being said, I don't see 22 Jump Street having a 5x multipler, a 4X multipler looks to be possible, though.

22 Jump Street for #1 of the summer

What assholes

That... makes no sense.

Are you sure you are not going to be seen on MTV or something?

• Like 1