CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Like I've said you're setting a dangerous precedent if someone like this actor can't be allowed to work on a movie set based on a crime which he has served sentence for in the past. Where with it all end? What if there are actors/actresses on movie sets that don't want to work alongside people who were convicted thieves, convicted drug abusers, convicted domestic abusers? This is just one actress who don't want to work alongside another actor who have been convicted of being a sexual predator in the past and there can be many more actors / actresses in the future who have different dislikes for people with different past offenses. Should those people all be banned as well? Will there ever be anyone working on movie sets anymore? Because I'm sure there are lots of people working on movie sets with lots of past offenses that some other co-star won't be comfortable with. 

If the guy can't be forgiven as no one will want to work alongside him based on his offense in the past which he served time for then he might as well be locked up in prison indefinitely as he won't be able to ever find work anywhere. 

You know, I was not trying to convince anyone a few days ago on like page 14 of this thread...but I seem to have accidentally:)...

My point was rhetorical, then, but for a reminder:)...if we can never rehabilitate and accept back into society in some real way anyone ever convicted of a sex crime who has served their punishment, why do we ever let them out?  Shouldn't we change all sex crimes sentences to life without parole, so those folks can actually get 3 square meals, a warm bed, and some companionship/personal interaction with humanity (as flawed as that may be in prison)?  

As a society, we should probably really decide which way we want to go with this issue, b/c where we are seems like it's not working.  "Othering" these folks doesn't stop them from recommitting their crimes...in fact, it probably makes it more likely.  So, do we decide to stop the "othering" or stop the "releasing back into society?"  Or move a little more one way or the other?

This really is food for thought...I don't know which way would be better...I just know what we're doing now is probably not it...

• Thanks 1

The bigotry and maybe support for sexual predators being spewed in this thread...is astounding. I repeat my exact sentiments from better, I fully stand behind Olivia Munn and her bravery.

She has not bashed anyone in this cast or the director. Instead, she has RIGHTFULLY called them out for their silence and lack of support. Understanding the concerns of potential blacklisting, my whole issue with the men in the cast is this a woman speaking out not too long after the #MeToo and #TimesUp movement.

By joining her and providing support, they could have ALL banded together and combat the possible blacklisting they may face. Strength in numbers, you see, but regardless, the main issue that really demands attention and calling out is they PULLED out of doing interviews with her. THAT is alarming.

This is the right time speak up about these things, and it is so disappointing because the only one to really stand with her is young boy. A YOUNG BOY, not a man like the rest of the men in the cast. My respect for Munn and Tremblay has has increased immensely.

I wish to support her and him in any way, but after all of this has emerged, I am struggling to find any comfort or reason in seeing this movie.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

The bigotry and maybe support for sexual predators being spewed in this thread...is astounding. I repeat my exact sentiments from better, I fully stand behind Olivia Munn and her bravery.

She has not bashed anyone in this cast or the director. Instead, she has RIGHTFULLY called them out for their silence and lack of support. Understanding the concerns of potential blacklisting, my whole issue with the men in the cast is this a woman speaking out not too long after the #MeToo and #TimesUp movement.

By joining her and providing support, they could have ALL banded together and combat the possible blacklisting they may face. Strength in numbers, you see, but regardless, the main issue that really demands attention and calling out is they PULLED out of doing interviews with her. THAT is alarming.

This is the right time speak up about these things, and it is so disappointing because the only one to really stand with her is young boy. A YOUNG BOY, not a man like the rest of the men in the cast. My respect for Munn and Tremblay has has increased immensely.

I wish to support her and him in any way, but after all of this has emerged, I am struggling to find any comfort or reason in seeing this movie.

What supoorfor sexual predators?

im

Not saying I agree but some people feel if a person has served their time they should be allowed to reintegrate into society if they haven’t gone back to their old ways and have truly changed 

there is even a movement to “ban the box” so that employers can’t use a pat crime against a person when hiring. Some states have implemented this

still if this is child molestation we are talking about them I can understand why some feel they shouldn’t be waking the streets at all. Even I might feel that way 

Edited by John Marston

3 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

, but regardless, the main issue that really demands attention and calling out is they PULLED out of doing interviews with her. THAT is alarming.

That and the producer of Expendable handling of Terry Crews, do show how difficult it can be to speak out.

Not too long ago it would been some attack in pagesix and other garbage publication.

8 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

This is the right time speak up about these things, and it is so disappointing because the only one to really stand with her is young boy.

Sterling K Brown did.

2 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Because this needs repeating.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

I've joked about Olivia Munn being a pox and a curse, but I support her here. Beyond the question of whether a person deserves a 2nd chance, she had a right to express her concern and the cast shunning her and treating her as an outcast comes off as petty, sexist, and ridiculous. It reeks of a boys' club.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 11

I fully support Shane and the rest of the cast, it's not good/bad situation and not cowardness like some inadequate people think, they don't owe Munn anything, it's their right to speak up or not if they agree or don't agree with her, they did nothing wrong. Disagreeing with her is not supporting predators, they just see more than what's on the surface, which SJW mob groups and other brainless people can't see. I hope studios understand what kind of bs is happening right now and they'll blacklist Munn for this.

5 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

People like you weren't going to see the movie anyway. And I wonder what SJW group members are doing on BO forum. Basically the same text style, the same template for every stupid statement they make in any situation. After seeing people who support Munn in this and what they write about it, I think there can't be any doubt about what kind of bs this mess is.

• Like 1

When you have Pier Moran supporting you, well you should just quit.

Olivia Munn's BS is going to sink this movie. No wonder the others aren't talking to her. She made a problem when there wasn't any. Of course she never said anything about Bryan Singer.

Edited by diddykongracing128
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

When you have Pier Moran supporting you, well you should just quit.

Olivia Munn's BS is going to sink this movie. No wonder the others aren't talking to her. She made a problem when there wasn't any. Of course she never said anything about Bryan Singer.

It's not her fault the story went public. She handled it privately with the studio weeks ago. She's only being honest when asked about it.