CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

If there is such a thing as cinema as Soderbergh describes it, then Age of Extinction is a perfect distillation of anti-cinema. It posits that films no longer need a coherent plot, character development, or action scenes that have tension and stakes in order to be successful. That economic considerations no longer need to be hidden or subtle — they can be brazen and attention-grabbing. That excess in every respect (runtime, municipal destruction, manchild behavior) is not a vice, but a virtue.

http://www.slashfilm.com/transformers-age-extinction-film-as-commerce/

• Like 9

Yeah....Godzilla Friday estimate yesterday: 230kGodzilla Friday estimate now: 305kWell done WB.

WB :rofl:

Let the fudge for 200M begin :rofl: 

• Like 1

I ended deciding to skip Transformers 4 because I figured I wouldn't like it after everything I've heard (and sure as hell didn't need to lose $11 to drown in boredom of watching big robots fight non-stop for nearly 3 hours).

Posted Image

I have a feeling Lucas and Steven were right.  When they created The Blockbuster with "Jaws" and "Star Wars" they had no idea that model would take over the hollywood system. We are headed to a future where only the Big Blockbusters will be shown on the Big Screen and the smaller films will go direct to home pay per view. 

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/13/steven-spielberg-george-lucas-film-industry

Edited by filmscholar

Too much fudging going around. Hollywood is starting to eat too many sweats. Would you rather have a fudged box office number, or diabetes?edit: blankments come like this.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2