#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Probably because many of the posters here are adult male geeks, so we don't get many other perspectives on films voiced in the various threads, or they tend to get drowned out.

Agreed. Its too bad more guys dont go see FIOS.

Although it wasn't that great of a movie, I kinda hope Maleficent wins the summer just so it will encourage studios to release more blockbusters starring female characters.

This is pretty much where I stand. Studio executives need a serious wake-up call. Women make up half of the population and yet you have 6 summer blockbusters mostly targeting men (TASM2, DOFP, Godzilla, TF4, GOTG, Apes) and one mostly targeting women (Maleficent).

I seriously don't get why people continue to act surprised that films starring female characters are doing so well. They acted surprised with Frozen and CF and they are now surprised with Maleficent. Although it wasn't that great of a movie, I kinda hope Maleficent wins the summer just so it will encourage studios to release more blockbusters starring female characters. 

It's the opposite for me, there're way too many female-centric movies that made shitload of money. Women can always carry a film. It's the media that made it a big deal every time it happened.

It's the opposite for me, there're way too many female-centric movies that made shitload of money. Women can always carry a film. It's the media that made it a big deal every time it happened.

Mmm really. Then how come out of all the blockbusters this summer only one film stars a female character? (Fault in our Stars isn't really a blockbuster) Women make up 50% of the population :P

Mmm really. Then how come out of all the blockbusters this summer only one film stars a female character? (Fault in our Stars isn't really a blockbuster) Women make up 50% of the population :P

That's the case this summer and that's why Maleficent has done so well. Last year you got CF, Gravity, the heat, Frozen, all of them made some serious $$$.

I haven't seen a bad movie this year (so far).

Likewise. I'm selective when it comes to seeing films in theaters and by the time they come to DVD I have a good sense about whether I would at least somewhat enjoy them or not.

Edited by 4815162342

That's the case this summer and that's why Maleficent has done so well. Last year you got CF, Gravity, the heat, Frozen, all of them made some serious $$$.

Frozen, CF and Gravity weren't summer films. The Heat was basically the only film last summer that starred female characters. Stop acting like women aren't severely underrepresented in blockbusters. 

• Like 2