CaptainJackSparrow

Boss Baby | March 31, 2017 | Dreamworks Animation

1 hour ago, Quigley said:

I am SICK of DreamWorks. They are disgusting pigs and they deserve to go bankrupt and burn to the ground. The picture I posted contains screenshots from the trailer of Toy Story 3 (left) and The Boss Baby (right). I don't think I need to say much else as you guys can see for yourselves:

https://postimg.org/image/h8j8xk4wf/

#ChatterTelephoneRipOff

Wait...you aren't serious, are you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quigley said:

I am SICK of DreamWorks. They are disgusting pigs and they deserve to go bankrupt and burn to the ground. The picture I posted contains screenshots from the trailer of Toy Story 3 (left) and The Boss Baby (right). I don't think I need to say much else as you guys can see for yourselves:

https://postimg.org/image/h8j8xk4wf/

#ChatterTelephoneRipOff

:depp:

17 hours ago, cannastop said:

There's going to be confusion between this and Sony's Baby Driver. Why do movies with similar titles get released so close together?

If there isn't a trailer with Billy Lynn, I suspect that'll move.

Also, Smurfs is scheduled for the week after this.  Something tells me either this or that will move.  My money's on Smurfs.

46 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If there isn't a trailer with Billy Lynn, I suspect that'll move.

Also, Smurfs is scheduled for the week after this.  Something tells me either this or that will move.  My money's on Smurfs.

Nah, they'll stay put.

Edited by cannastop

I want to speculate about the future of Dreamworks Animation now that it's a subsidiary of Universal.

We know that Croods 2 is cancelled, which probably disappoints a lot of people. But with the news that Dreamworks is only making one movie a year, I think that Chris Meledandri wants to widdle down Dreamworks to one single studio, much like Pixar or WDAS. Less sprawl, more focus. I even think they'll keep their larger budgets as well.

Edited by cannastop

10 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I want to speculate about the future of Dreamworks Animation now that it's a subsidiary of Universal.

We know that Croods 2 is cancelled, which probably disappoints a lot of people. But with the news that Dreamworks is only making one movie a year, I think that Chris Meledandri wants to widdle now Dreamworks to one single studio, much like Pixar or WDAS. Less sprawl, more focus. I even think they'll keep their larger budgets as well.

I think the budgets will be trimmed further, maybe not to Illumination levels but $90-100m. I think DWA overextended themselves when they started making 2-3 films a year and the quality novedived.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think the budgets will be trimmed further, maybe not to Illumination levels but $90-100m. I think DWA overextended themselves when they started making 2-3 films a year and the quality novedived.

I think that DWA will stay in California. If they lose Dreamwork's human capital, there was no point in buying the studio.

But if they stay in California, I think the budgets are staying above $120m. It's not like the French studio, where they pay shittier wages.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think that DWA will stay in California. If they lose Dreamwork's human capital, there was no point in buying the studio.

But if they stay in California, I think the budgets are staying above $120m. It's not like the French studio, where they pay shittier wages.

It's possible they move to Vancouver or somewhere with generous tax breaks like Blue Sky who are based in Connecticut.

Just now, Jonwo said:

It's possible they move to Vancouver or somewhere with generous tax breaks like Blue Sky who are based in Connecticut.

That would be a huge mistake, in my opinion. Leaving Los Angeles would alienate many employees, and the movies would suffer.