CaptainJackSparrow

Boss Baby | March 31, 2017 | Dreamworks Animation

16 hours ago, YourMother said:

Guessing 55%-75% on RT, got a feeling that Dreamworks will become more like Illumination these next few years: Big Box Office (DOM and WW), but mediocre movies.

The majority of Dreamworks's films has always been mediocre and these days Illumination makes much more money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chinoiserie said:

The majority of Dreamworks's films has always been mediocre and these days Illumination makes much more money.

So, KFP trilogy, HTTYD1 and 2, Shrek 1 and 2, Mr Peabody, Madagascar 3, Prince of Egypt, Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit, and to a lesser extent Megamind are mediocre. I meant more mediocre than their 04'-08' era and recently. But thanks to Universal owning them they can make bank again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

So, KFP trilogy, HTTYD1 and 2, Shrek 1 and 2, Mr Peabody, Madagascar 3, Prince of Egypt, Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit, and to a lesser extent Megamind are mediocre. I meant more mediocre than their 04'-08' era and recently. But thanks to Universal owning them they can make bank again.

Quite a few of those movies are indeed, mediocre.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Quite a few of those movies are indeed, mediocre.

The Prince of Egypt is one of my favorite animated musicals imo, Peabody had a great heart, and I'm a sucker for well done cartoony slapstick.

• Like 1

tries to use the it’s-all-in-Tim’s-mind premise to turn “The Boss Baby” into a variation on “Inside Out”

Why do I doubt that, Variety writer.

This is the third Dreamworks book to movie adaptation and so far they've only got one good one. 

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Why do I doubt that, Variety writer.

This is the third Dreamworks book to movie adaptation and so far they've only got one good one. 

What where the other two?

• Like 1