Dementeleus

Monday Numbers 7/7 | AOE 4.76, Tammy 2.78, 22 Jump 1.55, Dragon2 1.45, DUFE 1.42, ETE 1.3 (spatula) | Actuals p13

I don't see why GOTG should make similar numbers to Cap 2

It probably won't. I could see it having better than normal legs for this type of film though, at least, much better than the other big openers of the year.

I'm thinking Apes will sort of be like Skyfall in the sense that it ends up having better legs than the last installment in the franchise, despite being a "big franchise" that is typically frontloaded.

If Apes does $60-70 and ends up around $180-210 million, it's a huge success. Same for GotG.

• Like 1

Live action Dumbo? Thafuck? Well, I know how the Disney execs are reacting:

Tossing Maleficent money

Exec 1: So like, what can we remake now? Aladdin? Snow White?

Exec 2: Nah man, its too early for those. We need to wait until at least 2016.

Exec 3: How about Dumbo?

Silence

All execs:

Posted Image

Hell yeah, lets get that Ellen Degeneres Freddy Kruger whatever his name is guy to write. He'll be cheap as cheap as hell.

• Like 6

So Maleficent will gross more overseas than Gravity, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire? 

Posted Image

It might actually out gross every movie this year not named TF4 or Hobbit 3 OS.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

I hope Apes shows up on Movietickets by the end of today, every movie which opened to 90M+ showed up on Monday and 22JS and Maleficent showed up on Tuesday. It will be a good sign if it does, but if it doesn't it is not a sign that the opening will be low since walkups may be higher.

• Like 1

FYI, with these sorts of trollish posts, we don't remove them because the language is too outrageous or because we think members can't handle it. It's because since the post is trolling for reactions, every time a new member comes into the thread to check for numbers, we'll get a fresh round of "WTF" posts and responses to it. Since we have members all over the world, that means this'll keep happening throughout the day.So to keep the thread somewhat on-topic (or at least not off-topic due to trolling) we remove the post.

Understandable. I would just add a mod edit saying that we choose not to delete this, but please do not give credence by replying to this aggressive and unacceptable post. But point well taken.
  • Like 2

Well, might as well rank something.Summer movies.1. X-Men: Days of Future Past -- 4/52. How to Train Your Dragon 2 -- 3,5/53. Edge of Tomorrow -- 1,5/54. Godzilla -- 1,5/55. A Million Ways to Die in the West -- 1,5/56. Maleficent -- 1/5

How the hell is EOT on par with Godzilla and A Million Ways to Die in the West? :wacko:
  • Like 2