Ash Skywalker

Disney's Dumbo | March 29, 2019 | Tim Burton | Reviews coming in

10 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yep... this will definitely be a hit, the trailer is charming and Dumbo is so cute

Right now i'm expecting like $ 75M OW for a $ 235M total

Worldwide i think it could cross $ 600M

Is that a "hit" though? (I say it is). If these were the numbers people threw around for Aladdin they'd say it was a bomb.

Oh, and people are becoming REALLY obsessed with Detective Pikachu. 

• Like 1

Just now, jedijake said:

Is that a "hit" though? (I say it is). If these were the numbers people threw around for Aladdin they'd say it was a bomb.

Oh, and people are becoming REALLY obsessed with Detective Pikachu. 

Well, i bet Dumbo doesn't cost more than $ 150M, so $ 600M will be great for this

I think people expect more from Aladdin because the animation is a bigger movie in general and more remembered... i think Aladdin will probably do more than $ 800M, OS will eat this up

And i agreed, some people is really obsessed with Pikachu [personally i found the trailer really good too] and they're thinking somehow Disney is desperate because of it, which doesn't make sense at all considering they'll probably have 6 or 7 movies on top 10 next year

32 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Both Dumbo and Aladdin have different circumstances.

Dumbo is likely much cheaper than Aladdin, and most people have higher expectations on Aladdin largely due to Beauty and the Beast.

• Like 1

This made me tear up for all the wrong reasons. Captive animals. That's so sad. It's a lovely trailer but yeah, captive animals, that's never a happy ending. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch this. But objectively speaking, this will make lots of money and get good reviews (well, at least "has a big heart" variety). Dumbo SFX looks exceptionally well. Colin Farrell Rises.

• Sad 1