#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

What do you think will be the next decent grosser that will have critics reeling and internet wannabe film scholars ranting about how a film´s success is to blame for the downfall of our civilization? Sex Tape?

Whatever it is, the three-way-punch of Interstellar, Big Hero 6, and Mockingjay will remedy things.

• Like 1

Yep it's Burn Gorman. He gets 'exiled' by Cillian Murphy and presumably freezes to death in the river

I didn't even recognize him. I'm sure a lot of people don't know who he is. He was in Pacific Rim too.

Edited by ECSTASY

I didn't even recognize him. I'm sure a lot of people don't know who he is. He was in Pacific Rim too.

Burn has been popping up in quite a few things recently, honestly TDKR was the first time I noticed him. But then I saw him in Game of Thrones, Pacific Rim, and this show on AMC called Turn. And every time I see him, I see Stryver from TDKR.

• Like 1

Because a Jolie gif is posted randomly, for example:

Last night I ate some pizza.

Posted Image

It's just a gif for the sake of a gif.

This post cracked me up because of the sheer randomness of it

• Like 6

IMO, it's very awkward to arbitrarily try to restrict something like this. Personally, I'd like to appeal to everyone to think for a moment about the GIF you're posting. Is it really worthwhile? Are you just trolling for likes? (The like system, which I think is great, has also been really abused lately. Really, does it matter that much how many likes you have? The purpose of a "like", in theory, is so you can indicate you approve or enjoy a particular post -- simply trolling away begging for them in every thread is a total abuse of the system.)

I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone. But as a community, we should all take a bit of responsibility to step back and stop the constant derailment.

Like begging has been abused since that fateful day that Fassbender's shlong has entered the world. I'm working hard as a liketivist to end that

The restriction on likes is so lax it's basically limitless. The only person who run into the limit are those who're basically trolling the system.

Because the system is a waste ;)

• Like 1

Burn has been popping up in quite a few things recently, honestly TDKR was the first time I noticed him. But then I saw him in Game of Thrones, Pacific Rim, and this show on AMC called Turn. And every time I see him, I see Stryver from TDKR.

I first saw him in Layer Cake, then Bleak House and Penelope. The next time I saw him he was in Pacific Rim.  I really don't remember seeing him in TDKR but then I didn't really like the movie, lol.

• Community Manager

IMO, it's very awkward to arbitrarily try to restrict something like this. Personally, I'd like to appeal to everyone to think for a moment about the GIF you're posting. Is it really worthwhile? Are you just trolling for likes? (The like system, which I think is great, has also been really abused lately. Really, does it matter that much how many likes you have? The purpose of a "like", in theory, is so you can indicate you approve or enjoy a particular post -- simply trolling away begging for them in every thread is a total abuse of the system.) I'm certainly guilty of this as much as anyone. But as a community, we should all take a bit of responsibility to step back and stop the constant derailment.

We can go back to limiting likes if you want?

Since we are just posting random shit, here's a funny story from last night at work. A woman gets on the bus last night and looks sketchy right away.  She comes up to me, basically whispers in my ear and says this: "Look, I just performed a trick (hooker speak for sex) and the fucker didn't pay me.  I have no money and I just need to get downtown.  I'll give you a blowjob if you let me ride for free." After stifling a laugh, I replied, "No, that's okay, I'll pass on the offer but I'll get you where you need to go, free of charge." To which she replied, "It doesn't have to be here and now ( the bus was half full of people), we can meet when you get off work and I can do it in your car." Now I'm really having a hard time holding in my laughter, but I manage to say, "It's fine, just sit down, relax and the bus ride is free of charge tonight." Funniest thing that has happened to me so far in my first three weeks.

now tell us what really happened ;)

Speaking of derailment. Maybe we should just not create daily number threads based on Rth's early numbers. Just saying, Rth provides early numbers at 11:30pm at night, the official studio numbers come in at around 2:30pm the next day, that is 15 hours with a thread where we get no new information apart from early estimates from Rth which naturally leads to extreme derailments.

This also has the effect of the actual numbers not being discussed at all once they come in since the derailments are much more interesting. Granted, numbers have sucked so far this summer so there would definitely be derailments, but the thread just sitting around with no numbers coming in at the start is basically the best case scenario for derailment.

How about a "Daily discussion thread" everyday opened in the main forum? Reddit had a lot of issues with derailments in normal threads, so they started a "All things discussion" thread, and that has worked out really well.

Going to say "I called it".

• Like 1