#ED

Monday Actuals: Apes - 8.2M (Please keep the thread SFW!) | Actuals on p1 and p35

Bond moviesget a pass on "absurd" plots. And Javier Bardem was is one of the franchises most memorable villains.

Not when they're trying to take themselves seriously, they don't. It completely doesn't work tonally. I didn't think Bardem was particularly amazing at all.
  • Like 2

Bond moviesget a pass on "absurd" plots.  And Javier Bardem was is one of the franchises most memorable villains.

I always wondered, wasn't Javier Bardem just channeling Heath Ledger's Joker with his acting? :ph34r:

Only thing that irks me about Skyfall was the 3rd act plan, and how M went with him, knowing he was going to bait Sliva. I honestly thought the courtroom scene was the end climax, and it wouldve made a good one. The movie is beautiful and action-packed, but that plan man...

I'd have found the courtroom scene as the climax to be, well...slightly anticlimactic. But the actual climax was worse. I will agree with you on that.

But fuck it, I still love it. It's pretty to look at - like a bimbo.

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 2

I'd have found the courtroom scene as the climax to be, well...slightly anticlimactic. But the actual climax was worse. I will agree with you on that.

But fuck it, I still love it. It's pretty to look at - like a bimbo.

M should have died in the courtroom, and then Bond goes for blood.

But I get it, Mendes was keen on aping Chris Columbus and the climax wouldn't work if M was already dead.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Not when they're trying to take themselves seriously, they don't. It completely doesn't work tonally. I didn't think Bardem was particularly amazing at all.

hipster Posted Image

Its the first Bond movie I've seen more than once at the theater

• Like 2

Can I just say, Home Alone 1/2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyfall.

Love those movies.

You act like this is a slight against Skyfall.

Home Alone 1/2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything (except Nolan movies)

• Like 4

I really need to post this considering we moved the Classic Conversation thread to this forum and we are still using this thread for random talk  :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 9

So... is Bond on topic, or off topic? Just to make sure I get it right - anything movie related and numbers related is good to go, everything else goes to the classic conversation thread.

Eh...just ignore the rules and overthrow the despotic Water Bottle administration.

• Like 1

M should have died in the courtroom, and then Bond goes for blood.

But I get it, Mendes was keen on aping Chris Columbus and the climax wouldn't work if M was already dead.

Agreed. M biting it in the courtroom would have been best.

• Like 2