Ash Skywalker

Rings | February 3 2017

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Blair Witch had tons of hype and it massively underperformed.

Blair Witch was a shitty sequel of a boring/beh movie IMHO (I still believe that movie is disliked by most of people and that sequel was full of negative buzz like ghostbusters (unfortunatly) and unfriended (yes, there were negative buzz, many because of the silly plot), anyway, is just my opinion). Rings is a sequel/reboot/whatever of a loved character. Ok, there is much of negative buzz, but overall it is a lot higher than for Blair Witch and Unfriended.

I can see this being huge. I HOPE too

24M/50M/70M/120M

85,600,000 views now, 4,700,000 shares, 1,700,000 reactions on Facebook.

They might have saved their movie on opening weekend.

I think $18-22m opening weekend now.

Previously I was expecting 10-15m OW.

People can say : "yeh, but autoplay". But you can't argue with those interaction numbers.

On 23.1.2017 at 10:18 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Blair Witch had tons of hype and it massively underperformed.

Rings has bigger Trailer Views, bigger Social Media Numbers and, most important, is rated PG 13. 

Blair Witch had hype? It had a couple of good early reviews, but it never showed up anywhere else. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Rings has bigger Trailer Views, bigger Social Media Numbers and, most important, is rated PG 13. 

Blair Witch had hype? It had a couple of good early reviews, but it never showed up anywhere else. 

? Ring's biggest trailer has 1.6M views, while Blair Witch's first trailer has more than 10M.

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Those YT views are just abysmal, not even Indie Horror movies has such a low views, this has luck of being a PG13 movie, teens eats anything, if it was Rated R as Blair, it would be looking for an OW under $10m, such an embarassing ending for an iconic franchise.

I think you mean iconic movie. Everyone hated The Ring Two.

Edited by filmlover