Ash Skywalker

Rings | February 3 2017

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Thanks, I KNEW there was a trailer with bigger views. 
Seems like Paramount took it off after they decided to push it and it got bad reception?

You're welcome, I believe yes, makes sense. It isn't listed anymore and it was deleted (or hide) of facebook page, but it is on Paramount's channel on YouTube. On facebook, second trailer has more views than in YouTube. Second trailer has 6.2M views there vs Blair's biggest (5M). Btw, Blair already it was released. It got a increase.

4 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I've read there was some screenings of this in foreign countries over the weekend. The word so far has been appalling, apperently the trailer reveals a major plot twist from the movie, also a lot of footage shown in the trailers apperently don't show up in the movie.

I believe is about the first trailer (that with 2 minutes which isn't listed on YouTube anymore). After the bad reception from many people, I think they change the final movie. Could that be the reason of release date change.

1 hour ago, alisson23 said:

I believe is about the first trailer (that with 2 minutes which isn't listed on YouTube anymore). After the bad reception from many people, I think they change the final movie. Could that be the reason of release date change.

The second trailer also. He said some of the TV spots are entirely made up of footage not in the movie.

13 hours ago, baumer said:

The second trailer for this is very effective.  I don't have high hopes for it, but it looks better than it did a few weeks ago.

I agree about the 2nd trailer. But it's only a minute long and seems to show barely any totally new footage. Most of it seems to draw heavily from imagery from the first movie, and then you get about 30 seconds of stuff that is clearly new. I don't want to get my hopes up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It was pretty much clear since the trailer, tbh. This piece of shit is going to ruin the good momentum that the genre is having thanks to Split, pff.

At least Wellness and Get Out appear to be a good stretch, plus Belko has decent reception.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's the opening of the movie? Holy fuck, that was some of the worst filmmaking I've ever seen.

In fairness, I find when they release clips early, they tend to edit them down and it gives them a rushed, poorly edited feel. 

Then again, the theatrical cut of The Bye Bye Man was a poorly edited mess.